What are you having for dinner?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 11, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Well we had some spaghetti. I love spaghetti. There's just something about it that I love and I just can't think of what it might be. I'm thinking it's got to do with the millions of different ways that the sauce can taste if you just add a little of this and that.

dkramarczyk, Apr 8, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. SheWolfSilver

King Browny Well-Known Member

:eek: You already have a married daughter with five children? Why you look really young in your prime pic assuming that it's you. How old were you when that is taken?

King Browny, Apr 9, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

summerRain Well-Known Member

I do not know what specific meal we are having for dinner tonight but it is a rice meal for sure. We always have chicken as the main dish so I guess that's what we are eating later. :D

summerRain, Apr 17, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

argon_0 Well-Known Member

"What are you having for dinner?"
    Bread and Duck under the table! My mother used to tell us this as kids when we growing up. Recently I heard someone else say this 50 years later. It means don't ask, to be polite. Has anyone else heard a version of this?

argon_0, May 12, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  5. SheWolfSilver

King Browny Well-Known Member

We used to ask our mother what’s for dinner because well, she never fails to cook great meal for us and knowing what she’s going to cook make us look forward for lunch or dinner time.

Usually what I hear on the dinner table is “Pass the salt” literally and figuratively when we’re talking about good and bad things that happen in the day.

King Browny, May 14, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  6. SheWolfSilver

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Interesting those little sayings. I guess these days it would be whatever's on TV

argon_0, May 14, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

Shepherd Well-Known Member

I will probably make penne pasta tonight for dinner. I have been using a Parmesan and Romano sauce that I am very fond of. I'll have a piece of toast and a Caesar salad on the side. (I could probably eat Caesar salad every day of my life and be perfectly happy with it.)

Shepherd, Jul 17, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

No idea really. Mainly because I am going out for dinner. There's some kind of communal feast down the road. Usually more than enough food for everybody. With second helpings included.

Victor Leigh, Jul 21, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Not sure. I got a pack of steak cut up for fajitas, some leftover bell peppers, and some tomato basil tortilla's I might do something with. Maybe put a tomato cucumber salad in it in place of the salsa, and throw in some italian salad greens and shredded provolone - an italian burrito of sorts.

OhioTom76, Sep 17, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

tajnz Well-Known Member

I wish there was a communal feast in my suburb. Such things aren't as common in New Zealand but in some areas neighbours share bbqs together in the summer. For dinner I'm having a vegetable and noodle stir fry that my mum surisped me with. I met up with her for lunch and she had a container of food for me. I certainly don't expect anyone to make me dinner and am really thankful that she took time out of her day to do something kind for me :).

tajnz, Dec 11, 2012
Ask a Question