What are they saying?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A very useful info graph :) I learnt something new after reading this, I had no idea cats had a way to say ''I love you'' by just blinking their eyes.

[​IMG]

Trellum, Aug 30, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  2. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Aww, that is amazing! I assume this is also for dog because sometimes Capone just gazing into my eyes and blink. Once in a while, he does this, and it always puzzles me :)

IcyBC, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This graph is great and super cute! I'm going to print it and put it on my fridge:D
    Right now, Homer is wagging his tail wide and fast:D

claudine, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Trellum

Hi Claudine! Glad you liked the info graph :) I actually learnt a few new things from that info graph ;) Is Homer living with you already or are you just visiting him at your parents house? I hope all is well now with your mom.

Trellum, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Trellum

I have no idea if that can be applied to dogs for sure, but my dog has done that to me several times, I always wondered why she would do such a thing. She reminded me of a flirty girl every time she did that, even my mom said that one time she was in the same room and saw her. So funny!

Trellum, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Nice. I am going with all the things that suggest they love me to death. Ginger is back up and kicking. I am off to let them back in the house. I hope she did not eat too much grass today. I am going to be watching them closely today to see what I can interpret.

Winterybella, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Trellum

I think with cats is easier to read their body language, because dogs seem to be always all over the place. At least that's how it is with my girl :) After checking this I felt very happy though, because my in laws' cat had his tail up in the air when he saw me :) So I guess he did like me after all ;)

Trellum, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Trellum

My mom passed away a month ago. I'm unable to talk about it yet. It just hurts too much. Our family spends a lot of time together now, I visit my parents' home every day to walk Homer and play with him. Fortunately, he seems happy.

claudine, Sep 4, 2015
  9. Trellum

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling ok, it's not easy, I am so sorry. It's so good your family is spending more time together though, that is so nice! I hope your dad is well and your sister. It's so good you have the support of your boyfriend now, it's always important to have the support of your loved one in a situation like this. Stay safe friend! Now I know why I hadn't seen you on here for a while, so sorry.

Trellum, Sep 4, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  10. Trellum

Tomi Active Member

I am so sorry about your loss @claudine. That can't be easy at all and I wish you grace to heal the pain. Great for you to stick together as a family now so as to share comfort in these hard times. I like that your boyfriend is sticking around too. Take care.

Tomi, Sep 4, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  11. Trellum

Please accept my sympathy Claudine. I quietly wondered about her when you mentioned here before that she was ill. A lost is never an easy thing and I am speaking from experience having lost my dad and sister many years ago. More recently it was my sister-in-law and a few other friends. It's important to be with family and friends and I pray you all find the strength beyond what is normal to carry on. I feel Homer is going to be great therapy for you at this time. He's going to be part of that support system who makes you smile even on dark days. Of that I am certain.

I look forward to the day when that enemy death will be gone forever. Much love to you and the family Claudine.

Winterybella, Sep 4, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  12. Trellum

Thank you all for your kind words.
    To be honest, I'm not okay and I feel that I'll never feel normal again, but I hope II'll learn how to live with it. After all, I'm not the only person on Earth who lost someone dear, right? And most people survive it, so I'll try to survive it too. I just wish it wasn't so hard.

claudine, Sep 10, 2015
  13. Trellum

@claudine The first months are terrible, but I think you already know that. After the first year things will get better, I promise. At first it's really tough... you feel a big void in your life and heart, that void might never disappear, but will get better. Things will get better, I promise! Just keep yourself busy, that helps loads! Also maybe you should talk about your feelings... have you thought of keeping a diary? I confide in it all the time... vent, take out all the pain, worries, anxieties... helps a lot when you have so much to express, but just want to take it out. Just cry it out as much as you can... don't hold back, you need to grieve in order to feel better soon. I tell you this from experience, I hope you feel better soon, losing one's mom is very hard. But I am glad you are here with us :) Trying to stay busy.

Trellum, Sep 10, 2015
  14. Trellum

I support everything you have said here. I am thinking I should also try writing stuff in a diary. I hear it does wonders. The only other thing I would add is that I still think Homer is going to help you tremendously. They are therapist in their own right.

Winterybella, Sep 10, 2015
  15. Trellum

@Winterybella Last week I was very stressed and tense, the back of my head hurt badly almost daily, but I swear that since I started writing in my diary again this week... I no longer feel tense. I feel so much more calm now! I truly recommend you and claudine to keep a diary... because if you don't express those thoughts they will stay in your head... circling.

Trellum, Sep 11, 2015
  16. Trellum

I stopped keeping a diary when my mom got her diagnose, because I couldn't write about it. I still can't. Everything hurts me when I try to think about it. I try to keep myself busy and it helps a little, but I'm afraid I'm going crazy. The worst thing is, I feel guilty whenever I enjoy doing something, because she can't enjoy her life anymore.
    Homer definitely is a good therapist, I feel so grateful for having him!

claudine, Sep 11, 2015
  17. Trellum

Claudine I wish I knew the way to fix this quickly for you, but sadly I don't and I know it will take time. We all grief and cope differently. Cry if you must, but don't go crazy. I speak as a mom and I feel sure she would never want you to feel guilty the times you enjoy doing something. I promise you that any loving parent as I am sure she was, wants their child to be happy no matter what.

Talk to your boyfriend, your close friends and family( we are in that group) about your feelings. If you are religious hold closely to your faith. Don't bottle up your feelings and again, I am going to say talk to Homer. I so believe in the power of pets.

Winterybella, Sep 11, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  18. Trellum

It's ok, then you just need to stay busy. Also don't worry, that guilt feeling is normal, it will dissipate little by little. Right now you are grieving, so just take it easy and try to relax. Stay as busy as possible, in a couple months I'm sure you will feel better.

Trellum, Sep 12, 2015
    claudine and Winterybella like this.
  19. Trellum

Thank you Winterybella and Trellum. Your kind words mean a lot to me.
    You know, I've been an atheist for all my life, but now I regret it. I wish I could be religious! It would make things easier. My sister believes in the afterlife and she had a dream about our mom. She told her she's okay. I would give anything to have a dream like this too and to be able to believe in it.

claudine, Sep 16, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  20. Trellum

It's never too late :) If you really want to believe in that then you can. You need to really want it though. You don't have to take such a big step as starting to believe in x religion, but if you do really believe in that dream your sister had... that's all you need for now. Who knows, maybe one of these days you have a dream like that as well, and suddenly you start believing more and more on this kind of things. I don't have a religion right now, but I do believe there is more to life than what we are seeing now :) I've had some strange experiences and dreams that are so hard to ignore! I do believe there is more to this life.

Trellum, Sep 16, 2015
Ask a Question