What are some good grain-free treats?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nick87, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Nick87

Nick87 Well-Known Member

One of my dogs is allergic to grain, and there aren't many options for grain-free treats out there. Right now he has one go-to brand, but few stores carry it.

Nick87, Oct 1, 2012
  2. Nick87

Melody Well-Known Member

Have you tried Nature's Recipe's Grain Free dog food? I've been feeding my dog this brand for several years. It was one of the few that did not get caught up in the food contamination scare a couple of years ago.

I use the Toy Breeds dog food. My sister feeds her dog the Farm Select. Our dogs seem to like it.

Here's a link if you've never seen it before. I wonder if you could contact them for a sample:
    http://naturesrecipe.com/ultra-premium/grain-free/small-breed-grain-free/

Melody, Oct 1, 2012
  3. Nick87

claudine Well-Known Member

I've never bought any special grain-free treats for dogs but I'm on a gluten free diet so I have to buy a lot of gluten free products every day for myself. I noticed that my Homer loves gluten free bread - small pieces of it make perfect treats:)

claudine, Apr 18, 2013
  4. Nick87

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

You could try pieces of fruit and vegetables. It will probably take some experimentation to find out what they like. You could give them pieces of carrots, apples, bananas or whatever else you find they enjoy. The only thing I would caution against would be nuts due to the choking hazard (just like for children). They might like a bit of peanut butter though.

GavinMcresty, Apr 30, 2013
Ask a Question