What animal do you think you most resemble?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SweetBeast, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

And not, not our looks !

For me it's easy; a Gorilla, as they are by nature, shy & gentle, yet they are very protective of their family.

This is Digit, a mountain Gorilla killed by ignorant poachers. He was murdered as his hands were removed & to be sold for $25.00 each, for ash trays. He was only 12.

May you forever rest in peace, Digit.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

SweetBeast, Dec 15, 2012
  2. SweetBeast

Hmmm, no one has any personality or character traits that resemble any animal in our kingdom of animals?

SweetBeast, Dec 16, 2012
  3. SweetBeast

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well when you said 'resemble' in the title, I was thinking based on looks. I don't think I really -look- like any animal, so I didn't open it to begin with.

When it comes to traits, I would say probably cats. I can be warm and affectionate if I like someone, but at the same time, I'm independent and like to do things my own way.

Jessi, Dec 16, 2012
  4. SweetBeast

I apologize as you are absolutely right Jessi - my mistake in the Thread title. I tried to either Delete or Edit the tile but no luck so far.

A cat eh? Yes, that pretty much describes a cat, & especially the independence, as they can be very strong willed! Obviously, you are here to speak of dogs, but do you have any cats? In my life, as a family when a child & as an adult on my own, I have had 13 cats, including 4 kittens, & with respect to dogs, I have also had 13, including 6 puppies & Bobbi. I miss them all so very much....

SweetBeast, Dec 16, 2012
  5. SweetBeast

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, I have both cats and dogs, so I tend to speak about both of them.

I suppose I'm somewhat like dogs, too.... I'm dependable and friendly. I like to have fun, etc. I just don't feel like I relate quite as much to them, though.

Jessi, Dec 17, 2012
  6. SweetBeast

zararina Well-Known Member

I think in terms of personality, I have a bit resemblance with dogs.
    I do not want anyone to just took something from me (of course no one will want it LOL). I enjoy simple things in life like good food, good friends or companions and good sleep. :D

zararina, Dec 17, 2012
  7. SweetBeast

Jessi thanks & you are dependable & friendly as this I can see! I find I can relate to most any animal, on some level. I always put myself in their paws, &try & understand what I would do in a given situation.

Again, thanks Jessi!

SweetBeast, Dec 17, 2012
  8. SweetBeast

Thank you zararina, I hear you - I don't have much of anything another may want either ! But I also agree with your attitude. I pray everyday & have for years & never do I ask God for money, new car, a home to call my own, rather I thank him for my family, for all the wonderful furry family members too, I ask him to bless & protect my family & pets, my friends & neighbors, & every child & animal in this world. I pray for family & friend's health & let him take care of my health issues.

So as you zararina, all I need is shelter, food & water, & of course family & a few close friends. I do long for another thing in my life, but that's another column !

Thank you again zararina

SweetBeast, Dec 17, 2012
  9. SweetBeast

Bloomsie Member

I disagree. Granted, we all look like humans, but it is just the general outlook of what type of animals people remind you as. If I see someone with a longer face or larger teeth, I always animal-reference them as a horse. Or when they have thin lips that pucker out a bit, it reminds me of a turtle. So some people can resemble certain animals by some features that they acquire.

I would say that through looks, I'd probably look like a mouse. I've got a small pointy nose and high cheek bones. It's what most people commonly resemble me towards. Which I'm okay with. It's better than a rat! Haha.

Personality-wise, I'd probably be a Platypus. I'm independent and very home-bodied. :)

Bloomsie, Dec 19, 2012
  10. SweetBeast

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh I definitely think SOME people can/do. I just don't think I personally do. I have never been compared to any or even had my features compared to some animal, so I don't see any resemblance.

Have you seen this list before?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/30-owners-who-look-like-their-dogs

Jessi, Dec 19, 2012
  11. SweetBeast

Thanks for the input Bloomsie & a mouse, eh, Minnie?! And now I know what the personality traits of a Platypus are, as I had never known this. So would that make you a Platymouse? Okay, cheap play on words by me, sorry :rolleyes:

SweetBeast, Dec 22, 2012
  12. SweetBeast

Thanks Jessi as I had not seen that before - this is really cool ! I especially like #2 , # 9, #15, #17, & #30, well, they are all my favorites!

But Jessi help me out here; in photo # 4, the dog in the basket, look at the 11 O'clock position to the dog's face, as it's only about a 1/4" on the screen, from the dogs head - is that a little dog in the background on the papers? I see what appears to be a dark nose & 2 little dark eyes!

SweetBeast, Dec 22, 2012
  13. SweetBeast

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Resemble? In looks? I think I am on my way to looking like a Golden Afghan Hound.
    [​IMG]

In temperament? More like an elephant. An old elephant. Slow to start but once started, keeping going on and on and on.

Victor Leigh, Dec 22, 2012
  14. SweetBeast

tajnz Well-Known Member

Interesting idea for a discussion. :) I think that I resemble a deer as I have big brown eyes. I'm also gentle and often nervous ha ha .. like a deer. Funninly enough when I looked up the meaning of my name "graceful gazelle" came up.

tajnz, Dec 22, 2012
  15. SweetBeast

So, looking like an Afghan can't be a bad thing, eh?! I wish my memory was as good as, um, good as, er, hmm, oh yes, an elephant!

I have a little story for you Victor. Growing up, our next door neighbors had a beautiful dark Afghan, Bathsheba was her name, & they eventually moved to an old, exclusive part of town, & the street lamps were few & far between. So one night, Sheba got out & was hulking around the neighborhood, & some woman saw her & called the police, to report a gorilla was loose in their bushes!!

SweetBeast, Dec 23, 2012
  16. SweetBeast

Thanks Bambi, um, tajnz! But very interesting to find that the interpretation of your name, is graceful Gazelle! Tajnz, never have to be nervous here, okay? I must have a little deer in me too as I get very nervous around people!! So these boards are, in a way, a blessing to me, that I can read, write & think of what everyone thinks here. Thanks for the input tajnz!

SweetBeast, Dec 23, 2012
  17. SweetBeast

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Mistake an Afghan Hound for a gorilla? Methinks someone needs new glasses.
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Dec 26, 2012
  18. SweetBeast

Remember I said there were few street lights, & I failed to mention, there was heavy brush & landscaping on many of those old homes, so at night, with little light, shadows & standing against the foliage, she could have been mistaken as a primate to be sure! And while she was not 300 pounds, she was overweight for an Afghan!

SweetBeast, Dec 27, 2012
  19. SweetBeast

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I had to ask this question of my wife.

She said I resemble a dog, a terrier in fact because I'm friendly, smart and I don't give up.:confused:

I also would have thought a gorilla or chimp. I'm a little furry.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Jan 1, 2013
  20. SweetBeast

Argon_0 I guess the next question would be, what does she remind you of?! Now proceed with caution as we not want to make her her mad at us, so play nice:)

SweetBeast, Jan 20, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question