Weruva Wet Food: Calories and Fat content

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Swetha Kalluri, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Swetha Kalluri

Swetha Kalluri New Member

My dog (shih tzu) used to eat Merrick wet food until we realized it had carrageenan in it. I have done a lot of research as to which brand I want to switch to and I really like Weruva canned food. I like how I can buy the little jars that are bpa free as well. I am worried about the fat content and calories in this food. The Merrick food had a higher fat content (about 3-4%) and the Weruva is about 1%. Is this ok for a 10 month old puppy? He is at a good weight now. The Weruva also has lower calories so I want to make sure that we will feed him enough. He needs to eat 3 small cans a day. I also heard the minerals are non-chelated. I am considering going back to the store and getting Fromm cans instead. We do not want to feed any dry food but are considering mixing it with The Honest Kitchen dehydrated. This would be more of a hassle for us though.

Thoughts?

Swetha Kalluri, Jun 20, 2017
Ask a Question