We love our dogs but do you like cats?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, May 17, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I grew up with cats and had one that slept on my bed. I'm a Leo after all.There came a time in my life I started to like dogs. Someone had given a stray to me and this new pooch became a good friend. From then on I started to not like cats so much. There is a saying that dogs have owners but cats need staff. I like dogs.:)
    Check out this video of a cat's staff.

argon_0, May 17, 2012
    Johanna and King Browny like this.
  2. argon_0

NewDCD Well-Known Member

I love both! I thought a cat would be better for me due to the fact that I live in an apartment, but my mom hates them. Still, when I finally manage to move out...I think I'd like to get a Siamese Cat as well, since they seem so friendly. I'm just hoping my extremely playful Samoyed, Milla, would want to raise her new friend with a lot of doggie affection!

I just think that dogs and cats being friends is the most adorable thing ever.

NewDCD, May 18, 2012
  3. argon_0

King Browny Well-Known Member

I was first exposed with cats because Grandma had pet cats. But when I got clawed by a cat, that’s when I lose my affection with them. But I used to think they’re sweet especially when they would curl their soft paws into my fingers (the newborn kittens and they’re really cute) and the cats would wrap around my legs. Just be careful not to step on them because being clawed really hurts. Even dogs cry and run from it.

King Browny, May 18, 2012
  4. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of cats. It's not that I don't like them. I haven't been around them very much. One of my sisters is allergic, so we never had a cat growing up. We had dogs and almost every other animal allowable by law.

My middle sister has a cat that is mean. She was really friendly as a kitten. By the time she was two, she would not tolerate people at all. She barely tolerates my sister. I've learned to not approach her or risk getting clawed.

I guess I need to be around cats more. Maybe find some nice ones to visit with.

Melody, May 18, 2012
  5. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

We also have a cat pet. We adopted him almost two years ago and I think he was more than a year old that time. I could say that we also like cat a lot and I had learned a lot about cats because of him. ;)

zararina, May 18, 2012
  6. argon_0

Ja'cobeC Member

I like cats, but not as much as I love dogs. Dogs are just so loyal while cats can be sneaky sometimes. I own both a cat and a dog. I have been going back and forth with my roommate whether we should sell the cat or not because the expenses are starting to get too high.

Ja'cobeC, May 25, 2012
  7. argon_0

Johanna Well-Known Member

Our cat x

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  8. argon_0

Johanna Well-Known Member

Our cat.

Attached Files:

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  9. argon_0

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I don't like cats for many reasons. For one, my family is allergic to cats, and for another because of irresponsible cat owners who have cats but don't take care of them, allowing to roam the street and fend for themselves. Cats are also hard to train not to jump on counter top or dishes that left around. I have problem with cleanliness, so cats won't work for me even if I don't have allergy.

IcyBC, Mar 31, 2016
  10. argon_0

Djordje87 Active Member

I am more a dog person but I do love all animals. I like cats and their ability to be free and independent. In my household we have 7 cats. They are my uncle's pets but we still feed them and enjoy their company. I prefer loyalty of a dog and sometimes I have to admit I am pissed off when those cats ruin my lawn. It seems they do it just to make some damage :).

Djordje87, Mar 31, 2016
    Old Gray Mare and Johanna like this.
  11. argon_0

morgoodie Member

I do not think of myself as just a dog or as just a cat person. I love both and have had both before. Although, my first pet was a rat which is a good pet to start with. I had two cats for years and loved both of them very much. They would both sleep with me and it was nice. I have two dogs now and I love both of them as well. I think that cats are a lot easier to take care of though since they do not have to be taken out to do their business and for walks, but you cannot compare the love of a dog though.

morgoodie, Mar 31, 2016
  12. argon_0

remnant Well-Known Member

I also got acquainted with cats at quite an early age. They are a common feature in kitchens. Cats tend to be somewhat ignored because of their self effacing nature. They are also independent and retain most of their pre-domestication instincts. But they are lovely creatures and get all the attention when their milk holder runs dry or there are rats racing around in the house and the ceilings. Though they are not engaged like dogs, we don't forget them.

remnant, Mar 31, 2016
  13. argon_0

spence88 Member

I'm definitely a dog person, needless to say. I don't really like or dislike cats. Although I won't deny that some cats can be very adorable. *Garfield* lol.

I like that saying! Dogs have masters which they really adore, while cats have this "I don't care" or swag attitude. Nevertheless, they have their own advantages and disadvantages being pets, and it all comes down to personal preference, in my opinion.

spence88, Apr 1, 2016
  14. argon_0

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I am not against cats. In fact, I pity the cat when it is chased by a dog. However, our dogs hate cats especially Barbie who wouldn't stop barking upon the sight or sound of a cat. That is why when there is a cat in our vicinity, we spray it with the hose so they would go away. We don't allow our dogs to chase cats though because that is unhealthy. Besides, pity the poor cat.

This reminds me of our first dog named Jedi. She was a very ferocious dog, a mix of mongrel. She had killed countless of mice and rats. She also chased so many cats.

Corzhens, Apr 27, 2016
  15. argon_0

Old Gray Mare New Member

I have a cat and she's nice to have around, but I really miss having a dog. I am a dog person and they seem to know it. They gravitate to me and I to them whether it is a friend's dog or even dogs I meet walking in the park.

Old Gray Mare, May 9, 2016
  16. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

I love cats and I've always dreamed of owning one. They're such graceful, beautiful creatures. Taking care of a little kitten must be wonderful.
    However, my Homer hates cats more than anything and he would be very unhappy if I adopted one. I just can't do this to him.

claudine, May 9, 2016
  17. argon_0

cluckeyo Active Member

I have a dog and a cat. My dog comes first. But I love my cat too. My dog is half the size of my cat, but still, she bosses him around. My cat wants to play with my dog so bad, but she is having nothing of it. I love to catch them in a moment when they are being friends. My cat was having a hard time learning to use the pet door. One day I sat there and watched them, while my dog taught him how to do it. She used repitition and commands, by barking to get his attention and then showing him how to put his nose in the bottom corner and push through, over and over. And he mastered it that very day!

cluckeyo, May 29, 2016
  18. argon_0

Alpha1 Active Member

I love them both. Am planning to get one very soon and am currently researching on the best one for me.

Alpha1, May 31, 2016
  19. argon_0

iseeyou Member

I'm dog person through and through and I'm not very fond of cats. Kittens are adorable but when they're fully grown cats, for some reason i find them completely creepy and i guess aggressive? My exposure to cats was very little though so my opinion might be a bit off the mark, feel free to correct me. :p

iseeyou, Jun 30, 2016
  20. argon_0

nytegeek Active Member

I love cats. Our dog loves cats. Our cat tolerates us, and tolerates the dog. LOL It all works out in the end.

nytegeek, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question