We can read dog expressions

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I thought this was interesting. A study showed that untrained volunteers could read the expressions on the faces of dogs fairly accurately. They were shown photos of dogs with a variety of emotions. They were able to determine the right emotion easily. I think there must be something natural and universal about certain expressions across all beings.

Do you think you know your dog's emotions by looking at their face?
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyl...ur-dog-is-feeling-by-looking-at-its-face.html

Melody, Mar 26, 2013
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I think I can read our dog's expressions such as happiness and fear. I could also tell if our dog is not feeling well by his expressions and behavior. ;)

zararina, Mar 26, 2013
  3. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

I definitely can read Homer's expressions, I always know when he is cheerful or sad or confused - or when he is planning something evil:p . I'm not sure why it's so obvious to me because dogs can't really smile nor do anything like it...but somehow I always know how he feels.

claudine, Mar 28, 2013
Ask a Question