Watermelon Is Such A Sweet Treat!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by IcyBC, Sep 22, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

As you all know, this is harvest time and it is the richest time for indulging in fresh fruits and vegetables. Our local market offers the lowest price for most ripe fruits at the moment.

This is my youngest son, and he loved watermelon so I bought some for him at only .17 cents a pound. He was enjoying it and asked me not to eat it all, but then again, he fed Capone a piece. Now you know where his love lines :)
    IMG_2083.jpg
    According to what we have read, watermelon made a great nature sweet treat for dog! At first, Capone just licked it as he hasn't figure out how to eat it, but it didn't take long before he ate them to the white part of the melon.

IcyBC, Sep 22, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  2. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

Awww, Capone looks super cute! It was very sweet of your son to share his treat with him:)
    My Homer likes watermelons too:D

claudine, Sep 23, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Well @claudine , as much as Capone loves to eat watermelon, he turned the kitchen floor into sticky mat and if we ever give him water melon again, it has to be outside now! I like him to have a piece but the clean up was unexpected and a must after all of that juice :(

IcyBC, Sep 23, 2015
  4. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

I can imagine:(
    I always chop watermelons into small pieces before eating. And Homer gets two or three of them. They're very small, so he just chews them like carror slices without making any mess:)

claudine, Sep 25, 2015
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

We should have cut them up, but my son didn't and he thought it would be nice to see how Capone takes to it :) Well now we know, it is such a dripping mess on the floor and more work for me to clean up.

IcyBC, Sep 25, 2015
  6. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

Awww!!!! I wish my girl liked to eat fruit! I personally love watermelon! I once had watermelon for breakfast and dinner a whole summer :p Needless to say I haven't had it for a while ;) But next summer if the prices are right I might. By the way, both your son and Capone look so sweet in the picture :)

Trellum, Oct 4, 2015
  7. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Thank you! They are best buddies! Seeing them eating fruits and vegetables make me happy.

IcyBC, Oct 5, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
Ask a Question