Washing your Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Feb 13, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

My dog Mishka loves the water when you take her swimming. Running endlessly up and down the waters edge and then crashing into the waves as they break on the shore.
    BUT
    Mishka hates baths. How about your pooch? Do you find him/her busting to be washed?

[​IMG]

argon_0, Feb 13, 2012
  2. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

It is not that hard to bath my dog. Just at first he seems to try to hide when it was bathing time already but when I start pouring water on him, he was so behaved and loving it.

zararina, Feb 14, 2012
  3. argon_0

summerRain Well-Known Member

Maybe my dogs love the scent of their dog shampoo so I don't have to exert an extra effort to chase them when it's bathing time.

summerRain, Feb 14, 2012
  4. argon_0

amy005 Well-Known Member

My dog has been bathing since he was a puppy so he usually doesn't mind.. but if he hasn't bathed for a while he seems a bit hesitant at first. Usually I find running the shower on him works a little better in these instances.

amy005, Feb 21, 2012
  5. argon_0

inTHEsane Active Member

My dog doesn't love the bath but he doesn't hate it. He will avoid getting in it but you can tell the more he needs
    a bath the less reluctant he is to get in the bath. He is more just scared for reasons I don't know probably related
    to his first two years before I rescued him. Once in the bath though and as long as I don't have to move him
    around to much,(I think part of the fear is slipping in the bath) then he is fine. Of course afterwards happier
    then ever. Unfortunately when it comes to swimming that fear is there and he doesn't like to at all, but loves
    to creek walk in water that doesn't get to deep.

inTHEsane, Feb 23, 2012
  6. argon_0

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Candy loves water. There is no doubt about it. She can sit in a tub of water up to the neck the whole day long. Even fall asleep with her head resting on the edge of the tub. Yet, when it comes to bathing, she takes it under duress. Like she will stand still while being bathed. Once the bath is over, she will run off like a bat out of hell.

Victor Leigh, Feb 24, 2012
  7. argon_0

wils172 Active Member

My oldest Golden Retriever HATES water and refuses to take a bath, but my newest puppy just loves the water and is happy to get a bath anytime!

wils172, Feb 24, 2012
  8. argon_0

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog loves to take baths, go swimming or play in water outside. We took him on vacation one year and he loved running into the ocean water, it was so cute.

wahcashmom, Feb 25, 2012
  9. argon_0

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

A Golden that hates water sounds odd. I thought that breed was originally created to retrieve waterfowl. That means they are supposed to be happy in water. Or am I thinking of another breed?

Victor Leigh, Mar 14, 2012
Ask a Question