Waggin Train treats - Deaths, recalls, nothing?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Jessi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"
    DON'T feed your dog these treats. They appear to be causing alot of deaths for dogs eating these. YET the companies involved won't pull them voluntarily and the FDA won't pull them either.

Keep your dogs and cats safe and DON'T buy food products made in China. They have a horrible track record on food safety ... for pets AND for humans.

Please pass the word! Thx!"

This is the message I got, but things get passed around a fair bit, so I decided to do some research. It looks like there really could be issues, according the several sources, but here's the word from the company:

http://www.benny-the-yorkie.com/201...gin-train-canyon-creek-ranch-brand-dog-death/

It has -not- been pulled off the shelf, but the more stories I read, the more I worry that maybe there's something going on with them anyway. Surely this isn't just coincidence that several people who use these specific treats have lost their dogs, right?

Jessi, Mar 26, 2012
  2. Jessi

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Companies can't be compelled to recall a product and Waggin Train seems proud that they have never recalled their product. However, that doesn't mean that the product doesn't need to be recalled. I never give my dogs any treat made in China. Treats made in China are made with chemicals that are not good for your dog--feeding them is like playing Russian Roulette with your dog's health.

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 26, 2012
  3. Jessi

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for posting this! I just checked and my dogs and cats treats are all made in the USA.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 26, 2012
  4. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Here's something I'd like to share.

The article was about Optima Dog Food and how it killed Ryan Mclaughlin's dog named Addie. She was poisoned with aflatoxin and her liver shut down. It's a surprise how some companies believe that they can get away with death compensation even though the owners of these dear dogs are absolutely devastated with it. And what's awful about this is, they eventually withdrew their support for Addie's vet expenses. The link above is about his experience with it. She died January 4, 2009. The dog-food was claimed to be from the US. But investigations have mentioned that some dog food are being counterfeited.

He mentioned how he felt helpless in the situation. No matter how hard we try to be good responsible owners, there will be events in our lives involving our dogs that we would not be able to control. However, one of the things we could be is vigilant and alert. Here's a link of Dog Food Recalls from the Dog Food Advisor Website.

haopee, Mar 27, 2012
  5. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Good thing those treats seems not available here.
    Someone should really be after those companies that does not care about the life of dogs. Companies like that just care about money and they should not be in such business.

zararina, Mar 27, 2012
  6. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

I will definitely have to make a mental note of this. That would be horrible, giving your pet a treat and it kills them. Some treat.

dkramarczyk, Apr 3, 2012
Ask a Question