Vet

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by danielle davidson, Jul 26, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

So, I recently saw this very larger dark purple bump on my dog. So, I obviously started to freak out because I didn't know what it was. He had something like that last summer, but it wasn't this bad. So, I brought him to the vet and while I was there they took a sample of it and said that he was a mass cell tumor and that he would have to get it removed. Now, there were a million things going through my head at that point. I was scared because I couldn't imagine my dog have some type of cancer. So, I brought him home and told my parents and my dad went back there and we got medicine for Remy. He has been on some medication for the past couple days and I'm happy to say that the large mass is now going away! I think that the biggest probelm was the vet we went to. We have slim pickings here because there is only two vets, but this one likes to take your money. I did some reasearch on them, and other people had to same problem where they tell you that it's a huge issue so they can take your money. I'm very upset about this. Has something like this happened to you?

danielle davidson, Jul 26, 2015
    Johanna and IcyBC like this.
  2. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Yes, I took Capone to Pet Supplies Plus, and enrolled him in the puppy health plan where I paid an amount to get all his first year shots, but the neutering was free! When it was time to get him neutered, we dropped him off and went home. An hour later, the vet called to tell me that Capone had two hernias and needed surgery at around $400 for both. I told her that I must be on a payment plan, and she told me she would call me back.

Long story short, they called me to pick him up in the evening, and I asked the vet about his hernias. She said they will fix themselves. I immediately smell a rat since I went online while waiting for her to call and read all about hernias. Needless to say, if I had the money to pay, I would have been scammed big time. I wonder how many people had fell for this scheme.

Capone is just fine! She examined him since he was 7 weeks old, but there was no signs of him with any symptoms, but when he was 6 months old, went in for surgery, he suddenly had hernias and then she said they will fix themselves? Vets can't be trusted, and second opinion or confirmation is needed to know for sure.

IcyBC, Jul 27, 2015
  3. danielle davidson

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm very, very happy to hear that the large mass is now going away:) I'm sure it was a scary experience for both you and Remy.
    Fortunately, something like this has never happened to us. My Homer is healthy. I take him to the vet once a year:)

claudine, Jul 27, 2015
    danielle davidson likes this.
  4. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

Wow, that is awful that they would do that. I mean I didn't think that this would be a huge issue, but it seems like it is. I do have to say that I am quite disappointed. I also wrote a bad review on them at Yelp. I figured that it would help out since there was only one other review on there. The rating for that vet was 2 starts now it's 1.5 and honestly they didn't even deserve that.

danielle davidson, Jul 27, 2015
  5. danielle davidson

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My husband has a friend who's son is a vet so he just usually calls and he would recommend something. I am thinking my girls need a check up overall but I am afraid of the bill for the four of them and the vet I have used is not my husband's friend. Then 'friend' or no friend I still think the bill is going to be crazy even if I get a discount and to be fair the guy might be saying they get free advice all the time so it's time to pay up.

Winterybella, Jul 27, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

It is a sneaky want to rob loving dog owners money right under their noses. We love our dogs and treat our dogs as family members, and crooked vets know this! How in the world do we know if our dogs have hernias or not without a proper X-ray, or their physical deformity?

I should do a bad review on them too to keep other people from falling into this scam!

I am glad yours is getting better :)

IcyBC, Jul 28, 2015
  7. danielle davidson

Trellum Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm glad your boy didn't have cancer, @danielle davidson ! It is so super low of that vet to do such a thing, trying to get money so badly from his clients! Not caring one bit on the dog's health. I hope someone does something about it, is not ethical or good for the animals he sees. I hope he gets sued one day for malpractice, he deserves it. He shouldn't be a vet.

Trellum, Jul 29, 2015
Ask a Question