Uploading slow

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Shawn, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

Hey there,

I noticed when I uploaded my avatar, it was super slow. Took maybe a few minutes to get it uploaded. I also noticed that uploading other photos and that take a long time too and if they are too large, it wont upload. I would think XenForo has a way to re-size images right?

I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know :)

Shawn, Nov 27, 2011
  2. Shawn

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Shawn, I'll take a look at this and see what the problem is - it could well be the re-sizing feature, so I'll take a look under the bonnet see what's up :).

Ian, Nov 28, 2011
  3. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

Good deal. I figured since you had a photo section it was probably something important to look into. I am not that familiar with XenForo yet (not the back-end at least) so I wouldn't know what to even start to suggest :p

Shawn, Nov 30, 2011
  4. Shawn

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

From my end. it's loading quite slowly, not just my avatar. Is this hosted on a shared plan? Or a vps? Maybe you can have a look at the connection to see whether it's throttled down too low.

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
Ask a Question