Unusual News: Dog Helps Woman Break Family Curse

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For Americans, weddings between a woman and a dog just aren’t normal, but in India, such customs still exist and it has nothing to do with animal abuse or bestiality. Eighteen-year-old Mangli Munda from Jharkhand, India, recently married a dog after the village holy man told her and her parents that the family had been cursed. According to the spiritual man and village traditions, the curse could only be broken if the girl married a dog.

In many of India’s small villages, people believe that if a cursed woman marries a dog, the curse will be passed on to the dog and the woman will then be free of evil spells. Marrying a dog then guarantees the woman will marry a second time, but this time it will be with a man and the marriage will be a happy and prosperous one.

Munda was not too excited to be marrying a dog, but to please her parents and to not break away from tradition she accepted the ceremony. At least the dog she married will benefit from this odd tradition.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/09/unusual-news-dog-helps-woman-break-family-curse/

Trellum, Sep 7, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

It's the first time when I hear of this tradition. I must say it seems quite weird to me. I love my little Homer with all my heart, but I would never marry him;)

claudine, Sep 11, 2014
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I second that! it's a weird belief, it's all based on superstition ;) In my country we have a lot superstitions, but never something like this ;)

Trellum, Sep 11, 2014
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I've just found an interesting article, if you want to learn more about funny superstitions, check this out: http://pawderosaranch.com/10-less-obvious-superstitions-dogs/
    In my country, we don't have too many superstitions about dogs. Some people say that it's a very bad sign if your four-legged friend howls at night, but of course no one believes in it:)
    Homer howls whenever he's in love;)

claudine, Sep 21, 2014
Ask a Question