True Dog Anatomy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does this hold true with your dog?

My dog doesn't really seem to mind being touched between the eyes, but I don't tend to spend much time there either. I wonder if it messes with their vision, which is why they wouldn't like it?

Jessi, Sep 22, 2012
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

So funny:D My Homer should have 'don't touch' signs on his paws. He hates when I touch them, he instantly bites me when I try do do it:p . But he loves when I rub his head.

claudine, Sep 22, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot about the paws. My dog doesn't like those touched either. He's pretty old and I think it hurts him to have much pressure there, so it's better to just avoid them.

Jessi, Sep 22, 2012
  4. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka hates having her tail brushed. Your lucky to get a few passes before she gets cranky. I'll have to experiment on some of the no go areas. I haven't noticed a dislike of touching her in those spots.

argon_0, Sep 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

I forgot something too: the ears. Homer's ears are strictly prohibited area. I can't even dream about touching them. When I blow on them, Homer shakes them in very funny way:p . Sometimes he lets me clean them for him, but only when I have a treat in exchange:p .

claudine, Sep 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This is right when it comes to Oso he does only want us to pet him on the back or perhaps on his head believe it or not. I remember that Rocky the dog we had before, use to love to be petted on the stomach, he would lay down just for this. He also liked to have his ears rubbed especially in cold weather. As for Buddy, he is just too busy trying to get up to your face to lick you, and doesn't still like to be petted that much.

pafjlh, Sep 25, 2012
Ask a Question