Trash can only for dog poop

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"The biggest problem with dog waste disposal cans is, that they fill up on domestic rubbish way before time – thus even responsible dog owners can’t dispose their pet’s waste."

So instead of allowing that to happen, a guy designed a can that can only be for dog waste. Pretty cool, huh?

Jessi, Jul 22, 2012
  2. Jessi

pugskjj Well-Known Member

Wow that is a cool idea!! Where are these located at? I know I am always upset when I go to use the waste receptacles and they are full of McDonald's wrappers :mad:

pugskjj, Jul 22, 2012
  3. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Necessity is the mother of invention. Now other rubbish disposers. You need a dog poop to get into that one. Love it.:)

argon_0, Jul 23, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't know. It seems like it's still in the development process so he's trying to get backing for a company to produce and distribute them.

Jessi, Jul 23, 2012
  5. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

The design of that dog poop is cool. ;)
    Dog owners as well as dogs will love it! :p

zararina, Jul 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

King Browny Well-Known Member

Nice! Then the dog poop is separated from the rest of the garbage. The garbage collector should also be informed on how to handle it.

King Browny, Jul 24, 2012
  7. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. Cans like this should be everywhere, maybe then the streets would be cleaner. There is nothing more annoying than a full can - full of rubbish.People usually want to clean after their dogs, but sometimes it's not possible if there is no space to throw it away.

claudine, Sep 3, 2012
  8. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

Neat! We've had special bins for dog waste here in New Zealand for at least a decade. Normally they are green and shaped like a dog. Attached to the bins are normally free disposable bags for owners to clean up their dogs mess. I think it's a great idea as it means no one has an excuse not to tidy up after their dog, as the city council has made it so easy.;)

tajnz, Sep 3, 2012
  9. Jessi

Pocs Well-Known Member

It's a neat idea, and if after alittle more development it could be a great product. I don't think it's something I would use. I collect with a scooper, place in a plastic bag tied shut and then in the waste can outside. It works well for me, so I dont need a special can.

Pocs, Sep 3, 2012
  10. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We could have used these around my apartment complex. They dog bags on rolls throughout the place and little trash cans beside them, but as the product description points out, people were throwing regular trash into them all the time. That's a pretty clever design. I'm assuming the lid is locked on then so people can't just remove it to throw their trash in?

OhioTom76, Sep 9, 2012
  11. Jessi

kalasin Member

I actually think we compost our dog's waste. I'll have to check. This would be handy otherwise.

kalasin, Sep 9, 2012
Ask a Question