Torture

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by remnant, Jul 27, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Some pet owners lack the empathy and sympathy needed to ensure the comfort of their pets. Sometimes they forget feeding them or construct good kennels which are well ventilated and warm especially during cold seasons. Many are the times small children are allowed to torture dogs which is seen by some as part of their learning experiences even splashing water on them or whipping them.

remnant, Jul 27, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Some dogs are unfortunate to experience cruelty and yes, torture from people with no concern for the animals. But what I see in our neighborhood is the torture of dogs in cages that are situated in the street. Yes, some are in the sidewalk and some others are in the street already. Come rain and sun, the dog is inside the cage. I can imagine the agony of the dog when the sun is bright and hot, the cage is like an oven. I just couldn't report those neighbors because they might suspect that it was me. Everyone here knows that I am a dog lover so I will be the primary suspect when the case is reported.

Corzhens, Aug 2, 2016
  3. remnant

claudine Well-Known Member

I get so, so angry when I think about people who use violence against dogs. It's awful and heartbreaking. Dogs are the sweetest creatures on Earth, they're our friends and family members. How can anyone hurt them?

claudine, Aug 2, 2016
    Pippin likes this.
  4. remnant

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I can't take seeing that kind of torture, the whipping especially. That's not training, and if it is training, it only teaches the dog to be mean and aggressive. This is where the dog might turn around and bite. Nothing on this earth can take that kind of torture without defensing itself at least once.

That is so sad! If they don't want the dog, let it goes! It has a better chance to live with someone else.

IcyBC, Aug 2, 2016
  5. remnant

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well I spoke to the whipping recently and where I live some people still believe that's what is required to train a dog. I probably need to start a thread about the kids and dogs because some happened recently with a child who came by my house and the enteraction between my dogs and the child was quite interesting. The child was very good I might add but my dogs were not as sweet as they usually are.

Winterybella, Aug 3, 2016
  6. remnant

amelia88 Well-Known Member

I'm the same. I can't read stories in the news when the headline contains something about animal abuse, because they honestly make me sick to my stomach and often see me in tears.

I never understood why people bring in pets if they're not animal lovers. It's crazy to me that someone would want to hurt an animal too.

amelia88, Aug 3, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
  7. remnant

Pippin Member

They are the sweetest. I saw a man who was abusing a small dog in an elevator. It was his girlfriends, and he didn't know that he was being recorded. The police were actually checking elevator footage for some guy who had committed a crime, and they saw this man abusing the dog, kicking it around while it was on a leash.

It makes you sad to watch because after being kicked around, the dog still ran up to him in excitement when he called for the dog. He was arrested for animal cruelty I think.

Pippin, Aug 3, 2016
Ask a Question