To NON-pet owners

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A very cool sign, I might make my own for my house, hang it right in front of the door ;)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Sep 5, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! I need this sign ASAP. I am sure I told you about some time very long ago when I was having guest and one of dogs was downstairs. I overhead the guest saying "outside dog, outside dog". I had to go get my dog and take him to my room for peace. I must confess I am very tolerant, but they must not cross the line. Having indoor dogs in my country is still something many don't accept.

Winterybella, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Trellum

Tomi Active Member

I could use one too! This suits visitors with little or no tolerance for pets who think they rank first when they come to visit. I often lack words to tell them off especially when I notice them looking all smug around my dog. I am a bit wary of people who don't like pets as they are bound to be antisocial.

Tomi, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

What a fantastic sign for sure, and I love the saying of number two as I have never thought of it. "Fur..niture"! Yep, that is perfect. Capone sleeps on the couch and his hair is all over. I know for sure many of my family members don't like hair, and I should have that sign at the door too :)

IcyBC, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Trellum

Hahahaa, yes, I definitely going to create my very own sign :) I will hang it right on the entrance for everyone to see, because to be honest I'm tired of those visitors who think it's ok to make comments about my dog sleeping inside or how the cat doesn't move from a char so they can sit on it (plenty of places to sit, but yes, some people have gone as fr as removing my cat).

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Trellum

@Tomi I know what you mean, this might sound silly, but I don't like it when my dog is all friendly when someone comes to visit, and then the person doesn't even look at the poor dog or even try to pet her. She likes that, but some people are so mean and antisocial :p It's so true, some people just don't like pets and think they rank first when visiting my place.

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Trellum

@Winterybella I totally get you, it's so annoying when someone comes and tries to tell you how to run your own home, specially when it comes to having a dog indoors. I guess over there the excuse can be thrown on the cultural differences, but here? Well, they don't have much of an excuse ;) Some people just don't like dogs or cats much.

Trellum, Sep 7, 2015
  8. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, that's hilarious, I need a sign like this in our home!!!:D
    Fortunately, no has ever complained about Homer. Everyone loves him:)

claudine, Sep 9, 2015
  9. Trellum

He does sound like he is very loved :) He is very lucky ;) Over here people don't like the idea of having pets indoors, for example my aunt, she doesn't like it when she goes to a house and there is a dog or a cat on the furniture. Because according to her furniture is for humans only :O hehehe! I need to get a sign like this for when she comes visit us :p

Trellum, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Trellum

To be honest, I'm a hygiene freak and I think that furniture should be for humans only too:p Unfortunately, Homer doesn't agree with me and he always takes over the most comfortable sofas and chairs in our house;)

claudine, Sep 10, 2015
  11. Trellum

@claudine Hehehe, to be honest I also don't like pets to get on certain places of the house, like for example the dinner table and the counter, I really don't like the cat to get up there, but my little panther is so tenacious!

Trellum, Sep 10, 2015
  12. Trellum

Homer likes lying on our dinner table too:confused::eek: There is no way to stop him from doing it. He doesn't listen to anyone;)

claudine, Sep 11, 2015
  13. Trellum

Oh that Homer! Yes, I think you told me he climbs chairs and gets on the table every chance he gets. That little dog must be such an interesting character :) No wonder you guys love him so much!

Trellum, Sep 12, 2015
  14. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Since Capone is now 54 pounds dog, and has a deep bark with mean looking face; most people are afraid of him. Also, he is a shedder year round, so my extended family members don't like that! I hate it when they come for visit and wanted me to put him in the kennel. They are afraid of big dogs.

IcyBC, Sep 13, 2015
  15. Trellum

@IcyBC Oh, so his shedding problem is still going on? Poor baby, what has the vet said? Has he gotten tested for some sort of thyroid issue? I also hate it when relatives do that, they think they have the right to tell you what to do with your dog in your own house because they are related to you, my mom does that a lot. She once asked me to leave the cat outside!!

Trellum, Sep 13, 2015
  16. Trellum

nytegeek Active Member

I have something similar hung on the wall in my home. We have both a cat and a dog in our home and they are part of the family. Our kids love them. If you don't like my pets you may as well not visit me at home.

nytegeek, Sep 13, 2015
  17. Trellum

Yes, we love him very, very much, but he isn't well trained, so I honestly don't understand why our neighbors and friends love him too;) Usually, he just barks at them:p

claudine, Sep 14, 2015
  18. Trellum

@claudine Because he got a pretty face ;) Pretty faces can do that and get away with almost anything! When I see a tiny dog barking at me I literally go all like: Awwwwwww, adorable!!!!!

Trellum, Sep 14, 2015
  19. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

The vet said he is just a shedding dog, no other issues! Combing will help but won't stop it! I changed his food to Purina Pro Plan, skin and sensitive recipe without grain, soy, or corn hoping he would shed less since salmon is the main ingredient. He shed still, but a bit less!

IcyBC, Sep 14, 2015
  20. Trellum

Aww, thank you, he has a pretty face, hasn't he? I think he's the cutest little Yorkie! But I think all Yorkie owners think the same about their dogs, haha:D
    Tiny dogs are very cute when they bark and try to scare people!:D

claudine, Sep 16, 2015
Ask a Question