This puppy falls asleep when excited!

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by DappleGrey, Apr 2, 2013.

1. DappleGrey

DappleGrey Well-Known Member

It's kind of sad, but kind of cute in a way. Skeeter the poodle has narcolepsy and well.. well you can see it in the video. In my honest opinion, I think they should put him down. It must be difficult for him to function.

DappleGrey, Apr 2, 2013
  2. DappleGrey

claudine Well-Known Member

I had no idea that dogs can suffer from narcolepsy:(
    It's good that he has a loving family who take care of him. I don't agree that he should be putted down. In my opinion he should be loved and petted and they should do everything to cheer him up and to make him feel safe. He seems like a very sweet dog.

claudine, Apr 2, 2013
  3. DappleGrey

zararina Well-Known Member

Sad to see a loving dog with such health problem.
    And yes, lucky that the dog has a very loving family.

zararina, Apr 3, 2013
  4. DappleGrey

DappleGrey Well-Known Member

Yes, but just imagine being a prisoner in your own body. Have they even developed a type of medicine or help for dogs with narcolepsy? The dog can't speak or tell how he feels. I bet he bumps his head a lot. I bet he's in a constant pain. I mean, imagine him wandering into the street, there being a car driving, the car beeps the horn and the dog falls asleep right there. Can't you imagine? It just seems very sad to me.

DappleGrey, Apr 8, 2013
  5. DappleGrey

claudine Well-Known Member

Do you think that not existing is better? I can't agree with it. I believe that he still can have a good life, even though he is ill, because his family is taking good care of him. He looks so cheerful - he wags his tail and he clearly likes to be petted. There are many things that he can enjoy.

claudine, Apr 8, 2013
  6. DappleGrey

Jessi Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the owners allow him to wander the streets on his own. I understand the concern there, but I'm sure they keep an eye on him and protect him as much as possible.

Jessi, Apr 9, 2013
Ask a Question