The human/dog bond

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

You may have seen this on the news but I thought I would share it anyway. A man is coming to terms with the fact that his dog is getting old. A photographer caught the moment the man and his dog shared and now it's gone viral.

The dog is 19 years old and the man is trying to make things easy for him. He takes him out each day for water exercise. The dog obviously loves it. People are now contacted him so that they can help him deal financially with his dog's health problems.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/sandieg...en-man-and-dog-in-lake-superior-30248298.html

Melody, Aug 14, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

It's so sweet. It's like one of those photos where the homeless man hugs his dog because it's snowing and cold and they don't have any shelter.

A man's character is shown in the way he treats his dog. And Shep's owner is certainly the picture perfect definition of love.

haopee, Aug 14, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

How sweet.

At 19, his death is obviously coming, but it's amazing that they're able to spend this time together. I love that people are trying to help him financially at this point, too...all those medical bills must be ridiculous.

Jessi, Aug 14, 2012
  4. Melody

Becky Well-Known Member

Such a sweet photo, you could tell that the dog was so happy

Becky, Aug 14, 2012
  5. Melody

Pocs Well-Known Member

Awesome! It so nice to see other people care about not only the man but his dog. So many times in today's society people tend to look the other way. I'm so glad this wasn't the case in this situation!

Pocs, Aug 14, 2012
  6. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

So beautiful yet so sad. Thanks for sharing that. I guess most of us know what it's like when our fluffy friends get old and we have to help out the best we can.

argon_0, Aug 15, 2012
  7. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I think it's such a touching moment. I think most of us have felt that way with our dogs. You really can see that the dog trusts and love his owner. The man would not be doing this every day unless he cared for his dog.

This photo is quite a contrast to another one that it is going around Facebook. A "tough" guy in his late teens or early twenties is holding his dog with a gun pointed to the dog's head. All I can think is what is wrong with this person that they think this makes them look tough. And, I wish the dog could run away.

Melody, Aug 15, 2012
  8. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ugh. That's horrible. :(

Hopefully the gun wasn't loaded at least and it was just for show, for whatever reason. It doesn't make it THAT much better, but it at least removes the actual physical threat from that moment.

Jessi, Aug 15, 2012
Ask a Question