The difference between being shy and anxious

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-Signs-of-Anxiety-in-Dogs

Being a little shy in public or near new people is pretty normal, but sometimes dogs are actually experience much more severe anxiety. I thought it was an interesting article on how to tell the difference so you can help ease how anxious they are.

Jessi, Jun 16, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a difference between shy, anxious or scared.
    And I think that shyness in a dog is easier to address or resolved than when a dog is scared to be out or to be with other people and place.

zararina, Jun 18, 2012
  3. Jessi

Dani72 Active Member

That's a great article.

I have a very anxious dog I got him from a rescue home when he was about fifteen months old. He had been taken there with the rest of the litter when he was only a few days old so I don't think anything bad had happened to him before he went there. I strongly suspect though that he was frightened of the big broom used when mucking out the kennels.

We've got over the anxious behaviours at home, but he is very difficult to walk because he is scared of people, especially men.

Dani72, Jun 22, 2012
Ask a Question