The cough concerns me

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have noticed for some time now that both of my dogs will sometimes cough or appear slightly congested after drinking water. It's not a lingering cough, but a cough that I can't miss. I never researched it until now and truth be told, the little I have read left me more than concern. It appears that it could be a serious thing.

I sometimes have the tendency to over think things and right now my mind is racing even though I don't see all of the symptoms in my dogs that would suggest I should be alarm.

Have any of you observed that your dog coughs after drinking water? The link below will tell you why I am so concern.

http://www.vetinfo.com/why-your-dog-coughs-after-drinking-water.html

Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, I did notice my mom's dog used to cough sometimes after drinking water, maybe only twice or 3 times, then it stopped. It sounded as if the water had done to the wrong place or something, you know similar to what happens to me when I drink water too fast.

I hope your girls are fine!

Trellum, Mar 19, 2015
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

They seem fine but I always wondered what that was about and since I tend to worry a bit too much sometimes I started to get worried when I started to read all these different things it could be. Of course it being nothing to worry about would be at the end of the article.

Winterybella, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

I totally get you, I do that a lot, hehehe! But don't worry, if you only see them coughing a bit after drinking water, I'd not worry too much about it. It happened to all my dogs :) I think my dog still does after drinking water, she is drinking it too fast. I thought it was a bit funny when she did that, sounded like me when I am drinking something and the water goes to the wrong place :p

Trellum, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing serious.
    Some time ago, Homer started coughing really bad after eating and drinking. We took him to a vet and they gave him an antibiotic. He got better after just one day:)

claudine, Mar 27, 2015
Ask a Question