The Amazing Piano Playing Pooch

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

And he sings, too! Heck, he sings better than I do, lol.

I wonder if his owner plays a lot and he's trying to mimic him/her?

Jessi, Oct 21, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

That is so amazing. There's other videos attached to this one also worth looking at. There could be a public performance of all dog piano players. :)

argon_0, Oct 21, 2012
  3. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

So cute! I love how he's learned to INTERNALIZE the song.

Speaking of mimicking a behavior, my sister has a office mate who plays the violin. Back when his wife was pregnant, they would listen to classical music or he would play the violin in front of the her. When their baby came out, there was no question that the baby was musically inclined. Every time a classical song would play, the baby would raise its hand up in the air and beat to the rhythm of the sound.:D

haopee, Oct 22, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  4. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh my... this dog is loud...I hope it's a trick, not something that he do just for fun - if it's the second possibility, I wonder how many times a day he does that:p . I'd get crazy if my Homer 'sang' like that:confused:

claudine, Oct 22, 2012
  5. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

That is adorable and funny. Like you I have to wonder if this dog is copying its master. After all dogs have been known to pick up things they see their master or those around them do over and over. This dog does know how to go over to a piano stool and get up there. Then start to hit the keys even if he is technically not playing anything, then started to howl as if he were singing. So, odds are he has seen someone do this time and time again.

pafjlh, Oct 23, 2012
  6. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

That is my favourite video that I have seen in a long time!! :D

Becky, Oct 23, 2012
  7. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

I showed it to my sister during lunch time and we had a blast repeating it over and over again. You'd think we'd grow bored of it but my nieces ended up howling after lunch. We have a keyboard and they would call me to the room where the keyboard was and try to imitate what the dog was doing. :D And to think, we often expect our dogs to imitate people. Now it's the people who try to imitate dogs.

haopee, Oct 24, 2012
Ask a Question