The AKC approved my CGC Evaluator application!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 1, 2012.

1. LoupGarouTFTs

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Yippee!! Now, when people successfully complete my six-week puppy classes, they can get their S.T.A.R. puppy certificates!! :D

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 1, 2012
  2. LoupGarouTFTs

MakingCents Well-Known Member

awesome! I didn't know you did training too. Do you only train the dogs you breed or any dogs?

MakingCents, Mar 2, 2012
  3. LoupGarouTFTs

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

That's great! Congratulations!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 2, 2012
  4. LoupGarouTFTs

I have started as a trainer at Petsense (a Petsmart kind of store). I also am branching out into private lessons and have held Rally Obedience classes for my dog training club. I'm pretty active in a lot of dog-related things. I'm also laying track at a tracking trial next week and am attending a UKC judging seminar at the end of the month.

Thanks for the congrats--I'm really pretty excited. :D

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 2, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  5. LoupGarouTFTs

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Wow you are really busy in the dog world. I can tell you're excited. It's nice to be able to pursue your passion!

MakingCents, Mar 3, 2012
  6. LoupGarouTFTs

King Browny Well-Known Member

Yay! Congratulations! Wow, you surprise us. No wonder you're knowledgeable on how to train a dog. That UKC judging seminar, what is it about?

King Browny, Mar 6, 2012
  7. LoupGarouTFTs

Thanks Cents, Browny! I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about dogs in general--I write about them, I train them, and I live with various breeds on a daily basis. It doesn't hurt that I've owned dogs for nearly a half a century now, so I've run into a lot in terms of personal experience.

I am planning to become a judge for the United Kennel Club. I'd be qualified to judge all breeds except Toy Fox Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Eskimo Dogs, and Belgian Shepherds when I complete my training--those four breeds require specific apprenticeships and tests before you can judge them. The seminar is part of the qualifying process. There is discussion of various breed standards and the judging process, as well as discussion about the "state of purebred dogs" with UKC president Wayne Cavanaugh. I am really interested to hear him speak on the last part, considering how embattled our sport has become.

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 7, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  8. LoupGarouTFTs

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Wow, good to know that you are going places. Congratulations! This certainly opens my eyes to a whole new aspect of life with dogs. Never knew that things were so well-organized.

Victor Leigh, Mar 13, 2012
  9. LoupGarouTFTs

Oh yes--here in the US, the dog world is *very* organized and has many different opportunities for training, competition, and titling. As far as dog training goes, I'm just a pet dog trainer, but I can get training myself to improve my skills and do more advanced dog training later if I want to do so.

LoupGarouTFTs, Mar 20, 2012
  10. LoupGarouTFTs

Becky Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :)

Becky, Mar 20, 2012
Ask a Question