Television Dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Shepherd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Have you seen any dogs on the screen lately? Do you watch very much television at home?

There is an older thread similar to think about dogs in books and movies. Check it out!

I really like Isis from Downton Abbey. She is such a cute dog and so fun to watch.

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of Isis with Hugh Bonneville who plays the Earl of Grantham.

Shepherd, Jan 16, 2013
  2. Shepherd

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Thanks Shepherd as I had not heard of Downtown Abbey nor Isis, but I will be looking into it. Isis is a beautiful dog to be sure!

I watch my share of TV due to some medical issues, but I listen to the radio, CD's, tapes, even LPs, a lot! Music is very important to me. I play a few instruments, try & write a little music & again, listen to my share. I even enjoy talk shows & NPR radio. But I will not listen to a far right or left talk show.

SweetBeast, Jan 17, 2013
  3. Shepherd

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't like watching TV so I don't do it too often but I remember when I was watching 'As good as it gets' I fell in love with Verdell, this adorable little dog:D :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Jan 17, 2013
  4. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Downton Abbey is one of my favorite shows right now. The third season recently premiered, but I am going to wait until the summer before I begin watching it.

Shepherd, Jan 17, 2013
  5. Shepherd

shdws Well-Known Member

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen any dogs on the shows that I currently watch. The last dog I saw on a show was while watching LOST on Netflix. I forgot the dog's name. :oops:

shdws, Jan 18, 2013
  6. Shepherd

Oh, I remember him! His name is Vincent. What can I say, I was a big fan of LOST once:p
    Vincent is a beautiful dog:

[​IMG]

claudine, Jan 18, 2013
  7. Shepherd

shdws Well-Known Member

Great pic claudine! Yes lost was a great show. I'm surprised to find out that Vincent is actually played by a female dog. I always thought of him/her as male.

shdws, Jan 21, 2013
  8. Shepherd

Vincent is female?:eek: Lol. This is hilarious, I had no idea, I was so sure it's a he!:p Anyway she is a very pretty dog and really talented, I hope we will see her in other shows:)

claudine, Jan 22, 2013
  9. Shepherd

shdws Well-Known Member

Yes I was very surprised to find out Vincent is female as well. She is a very nice looking dog indeed. I'm going to have to search if she has been on any other shows.

shdws, Jan 23, 2013
  10. Shepherd

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

one of my favourite dogs in a movie is the jennifer lopez movie back up plan. Her little boston terrier with the wheel chair ish legs.

lifeliveson, Mar 26, 2013
  11. Shepherd

Have you watched Legally Blonde? Although I really enjoy watching this movie - it's one of my favorites - I find it rather ridiculous that the dog in it has so many different outfits:

[​IMG]

claudine, Mar 26, 2013
  12. Shepherd

zararina Well-Known Member

I enjoy watching movies with dogs just like Firehouse Dog and Dalmatians movies.
    I used to watched a local show here featuring a local breed dog portraying a guardian of a saint. ;)

zararina, Mar 27, 2013
  13. Shepherd

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I like Elle's dog. He's a cute little guy. Sometimes my rat terrier makes that face.
    My dog only wears clothes during the winter because a 10 pound dog doesn't have a ton of body fat and he does shiver when it gets cold outside. He wears little sweaters in the winter.

ACSAPA, Jul 20, 2013
  14. Shepherd

My Homer wears sweaters during winter too, my mother knitted a few of them for him:p
    Elle's dog is adorable, I agree, but most of his clothes are too over the top and they don't look too comfortable to wear:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

claudine, Jul 23, 2013
  15. Shepherd

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Agreed, those clothes wouldn't be practical in real life but I think the clothes on the dog were effective in showing what an extremely girly girl the character of Elle Woods is. The dog was like her accessory and the dog's ridiculous clothes added to the comedy.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2013
  16. Shepherd

Trellum Well-Known Member

As a kid I loved watching any movies with dogs in them. I specially loved those movies that were very popular in the 80's and 90's, those stared mostly K9 dogs, some were helping a detective or a cop. I really liked the dynamics of that and it worked great on screen :) I loved lassie too. Everything with dogs in it was great actually :)

Trellum, Dec 25, 2013
  17. Shepherd

dodgesnose Member

Nice thread and it reminds of the my fav series lassie and wishbone, they really inspired me of how great dogs as companions!

dodgesnose, Jan 14, 2014
  18. Shepherd

I loved watching Lassie when I was a child:) It's such a wonderful story. The collie breed is so beautiful! My boyfriend had a dog that looked exactly like Lassie.

[​IMG]

claudine, Jan 16, 2014
Ask a Question