Teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Jezebella, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jezebella

Jezebella Member

Do you brush your dogs teeth? How do they react to the brushing? I am adopting soon and thinking that it may help them later in life if I can get them use to having their teeth brushed when they're younger.

Jezebella, Jun 26, 2013
  2. Jezebella

claudine Well-Known Member

No, I don't brush my Homer's teeth, he probably wouldn't let me, as he doesn't like being groomed in general. Instead, to keep tartar to a minimum, I buy him those dentastix for dogs. He loves chewing them:)

claudine, Jun 27, 2013
  3. Jezebella

Jezebella Member

That's another good idea. I am adopted so it may end up depending quite a bit on what I end up with. I have enough time for a puppy currently, but sometimes when you go to a shelter it's an older dog who convinces you that they belong with you. If I get a puppy I'm thinking I will start brush its teeth so by the time it's an adult it won't bother the dog at all.

Jezebella, Jun 27, 2013
  4. Jezebella

trishgl Well-Known Member

If you have never brushed you dog's teeth before here is a great article to read from the ASPCA site on how to do it.

http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-articles/brushing-your-dogs-teeth

I never thought that brushing your dog's teeth was very important. I had the idea in my head that animals don't brush their teeth in the wild so they probably don't need it. Now that you guys started the discussion and I've read up on it I've finally realized that I have to learn to do this daily.

trishgl, Jun 27, 2013
Ask a Question