Tails get tired?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Do you think dogs' tails ever get tired? Mine seems to be constantly wagging, spinning like a helicopter. He gets excited and happy over just about everything, but that means it's wag, wag, waggin' all the time. Is yours like that?

Jessi, Apr 24, 2012
  2. Jessi

kinser Well-Known Member

I don't think my dogs ever get tired at all - they seem to have limitless energy, LOL. Their tails are constantly going too.

kinser, Apr 25, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

I think tails got tired too specially if its wagging for hours already. LOL
    It slows down and suddenly will again wag actively if he seems to get a treat. :p

zararina, Apr 25, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Don't you know that dog tails are actually Perpetual Motion Engines? The energy that is used to wag a tail is regenerated by the wagging motion of the tail and re-used in wagging the tail again. Not sure if that's how it actually happens but it's as good an explanation as any.

Victor Leigh, Apr 26, 2012
  5. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer wags his tail all the time too, I love when he is doing it because it means that he is in a good mood. Also, it looks really adorable. Sometimes he wags his tail even when he is lying on his back:p His tail never gets tired:D

claudine, Aug 2, 2013
  6. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My dog's previous owner had his tail docked so he wags a stumpy tail. I personally would have never made the decision to dock a dog's tail. I disagree with altering a dog's appearance for no good reason. Anyway that little 4 inch stump is always wagging, so I don't think his tail ever gets tired.

ACSAPA, Aug 2, 2013
  7. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't understand why some people decide to dock a dog's tail either. It looks silly and it's so unnatural. I feel very sorry for dogs without tails! Fortunately, I'm pretty sure that it's no longer legal in my country to do this.

claudine, Aug 7, 2013
Ask a Question