Swollen Lymph Nodes

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by claudine, Apr 20, 2016.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

We went to the vet yesterday, because Homer often trips while running. She said that we need to get an x-ray and have his blood tested.
    She also told us that Homer has swollen lymph nodes under his jaw and on his legs. I'm panicking!:( He doesn't have a cold and seems fine. Do you think it's something serious? He never had swollen lyph nodes before.
    The vet didn't say anything, she just wants to run more tests and gave him anti-inflammatory painkillers.

claudine, Apr 20, 2016
  2. claudine

Noreht Member

It might just be an infection. If the vet thought it was serious they would not have sent you home and would have done the tests the same day. Don't stress out to much. Just be there for Homer and love them as always.

Noreht, Apr 20, 2016
  3. claudine

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Oh no, sorry to hear this @claudine I would be in a panic too. I hope the tests will come back with a good result and that lymph nodes are not serious. Keeping my fingers cross!

IcyBC, Apr 20, 2016
  4. claudine

What worries me the most is that Homer doesn't show any signs of an infection:( He doesn't even have a cold and his teeth look very healthy.
    But he doesn't want to walk down the stairs. Maybe it's something with his spine?

claudine, Apr 20, 2016
  5. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

It could be an infection, but there is a chance it could be something more serious. That is why it's important that you keep taking it to the vet if he doesn't recovers. Keep watching him closely, swollen lymph nodes are a sign of something and shouldn't be there, the vet must be able to offer you a diagnosis, a specific one... if he or she doesn't then I recommend a second opinion.

Trellum, Apr 20, 2016
  6. claudine

Thank you Trellum, I hope it's an infection. We will have his blood tested soon, when my father comes back come. Currently, he's on a business trip.
    Homer seems fine. He's full of energy.

claudine, Apr 26, 2016
  7. claudine

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Any news on Homer @claudine ? How did the result turn out or your father is still on a trip?

IcyBC, Apr 26, 2016
  8. claudine

We don't know anything yet, but Homer seems healthy and his lymph nodes haven't gotten bigger, so I think it's a good sign. My dad will take him to the vet the day after tomorrow. We have to wait, because it's a long weekend in my country and everything is closed.

claudine, May 2, 2016
  9. claudine

Good news!
    Homer is healthy:) His lymph nodes aren't swollen anymore. Also, we had his blood tested and everything is fine. I'm so happy! He's my favorite little thing:)

claudine, May 22, 2016
  10. claudine

Winterybella Well-Known Member

It seems I missed a lot and you gave me quite a scare when I saw the opening post. Thank God Homer is well. :D:D

Winterybella, May 22, 2016
  11. claudine

I'm so happy:D I couldn't sleep or eat when I thought that he's ill. It was awful. Fortunately, everything is fine:D

claudine, May 29, 2016
    Winterybella likes this.
Ask a Question