Swimming

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does you dog enjoy swimming? Do you take them swimming regularly or is it just something they do when the opportunity arises? Where do they swim? One of our dogs used to love swimming. If we took her to the park she would go and jump into the pond!

GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

Libragirl67 Member

We have a big black lab and suprisingly he is terrified of the water. He will not even go out when it is raining. And he absolutely hates baths. We adopted Nash when he was a year old. His previous owner did say that they got him from a shelter as a pup and the original owner was abusive. The animal control people had to remove Nashley from the first home he was ever in. So I do not know if they did something to him as a puppy that traumatized him. Or if this is just a personality trait that he has.

But after 10 years, he is still very afraid of the water. But I have seen other dogs in the summer that are so cute when they swim and chase after the ducks in the water. :)

Libragirl67, May 10, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer has never swum and I'm pretty sure he never will. Water is one of his biggest enemies and it has always been like this: whenever he sees it, he runs away with disgust, he accepts it only in his bowl.

claudine, May 10, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog does not want to swim and can be very resistant when it was his bathing time. :p

zararina, May 30, 2013
Ask a Question