Summer fun for your dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by danielle davidson, Jun 28, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

I am a frequent user of Pinterest and on there I found the best thing. All you have to do is get some treats or toys for your dog. Then you can fill up some sort of piece of Tupperware to put those treats in along with some water. Then you just want to freeze it overnight. I did this for my dog Remy and he loved it. It was great watching him trying to get the treats and the toys out that was in it. I put a dinosaur toy in and a couple of treats. I tried to upload a photo of my dog and the ice block of treats, but the file was too big. I attached a photo of someone else's pug that they did the same thing with. Do you guys do anything like this with your dogs?

Attached Files:

danielle davidson, Jun 28, 2015
  2. danielle davidson

mkCampbell Active Member

We have a Pressa Canario and his favorite thing is a big chunk of ice on a hot day. Especially on the slick patio floor. We call it dog hockey. I filled a cooler full of ice for some cold beverages and when I came back out with the beverages in hand our Golden has spread as much ice around the drive way as he could in less than 5 minutes. Both love ice!

mkCampbell, Jun 29, 2015
  3. danielle davidson

claudine Well-Known Member

Danielle davidson, you can easily resize your photos in Paint:)
    Freezing toys and treats sounds like a really good idea! I'm sure it would keep my Homer busy for a really long time. He's very greedy;)

claudine, Jun 29, 2015
  4. danielle davidson

Trellum Well-Known Member

Danielle, if you find those thing on Pinterest you can simply right click on the picture and pick ''copy photo'' then simply paste it here. It's better, because when you attach something here is almost impossible to see it, this way your picture appears on the post big and clear.

Trellum, Jun 29, 2015
  5. danielle davidson

anadrotowski Member

It's so cute to watch a dog and their block of ice! Not to mention, watching them retrieve items from that block of ice! Our dogs just throw the pieces of ice everywhere and catch them, giving us the most entertainment!

anadrotowski, Jul 4, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

That's so funny! I love watching him try to figure out what he will get the treats that are inside it. It's quite comical. Remy loves his treats so that is the first thing that he always goes for. He doesn't care about the toys that are in it. He only likes them once he's done with the bones that are inside it.

danielle davidson, Jul 4, 2015
  7. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

That photo gave me a chuckle to see, and I like that idea of making a block of ice with treats and toys. I am sure my dog would be in heaven to have this, but it has to be on nice warm day for him to be outside. We just have too much rain this summer.

IcyBC, Jul 23, 2015
Ask a Question