Stray dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Angelle, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Angelle

Angelle Member

Do you guys have stray dogs running around your city or town? I am from a diminutive town where there are countless of dogs running around without food or water. Sometimes, I will make an attempt to bring them food or water but I am unable to bring them home because of the strict apartment rules. When I call the animal patrol to come and get the animals, they take forever to come or they never do. It really saddens me that people will actually purchase a dog to only kick it out of your home, and make it live on the streets. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Angelle, Feb 25, 2013
  2. Angelle

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think it's awful when people just dump dogs. I don't think that accounts for every stray dog though either. Sometimes stray dogs end up reproducing and those new puppies grow up to be stray/wild dogs, too.

We don't really have this issue much in my area. We get way more stray cats than dogs wandering around.

Jessi, Feb 25, 2013
  3. Angelle

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog used to be a stray puppy. When we are sure already that he was really an abandoned dog, we adopt him.
    There are stray dogs around the community but most of those dogs I believe have owners that just let them run around maybe due to lack of space to keep them or they just do not care that much.

zararina, Feb 25, 2013
  4. Angelle

claudine Well-Known Member

I've never seen any dogs running around without their owners in my area - but I live in a very big city. I think it's horrible when people abandon their dogs. It makes me so angry when I think about this. Stray dogs may be dangerous - and they need to have a home and a loving family.

claudine, Feb 25, 2013
  5. Angelle

shdws Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, there are a lot of stray dogs in my city. I don't like calling animal control because to my understanding, they will euthanize them if they aren't adopted within a certain time period.

shdws, Feb 25, 2013
  6. Angelle

trishgl Well-Known Member

I think it is the best thing to do to call animal control if you see a stray dog.That way they at least have a chance of getting adopted. If the dogs still have owners then their owners might learn their lesson that they should take care of their dogs better.

trishgl, Mar 21, 2013
  7. Angelle

bazzie89 Member

Wow, stray dogs are a way of life where I live, terrible to see. They refer to them as street dogs. Recently they rounded all the street dogs up in a city near us, neutered/ spayed them, vaccinated them against rabies, put a tag on their ears and then released them back on to the streets!
    In Sofia, the capital, it is estimated there are 40,000 street dogs! There have been a number of incidents of these dogs forming packs and attacking and killing people, the most recent a retired American college lecturer.
    As much as I love dogs I can't help but think the only way out of this now is a cull, terrible situation and so sad.

bazzie89, Mar 28, 2013
  8. Angelle

claudine Well-Known Member

40,000 street dogs? So many? It really is terrible. I would be scared of walking there, abandoned dogs can be really dangerous. But I feel so sorry for them! I wish there was a way to help them:(

claudine, Mar 28, 2013
Ask a Question