Stray dogs breed improperly

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Corzhens, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I have noticed the many stray dogs in our village. There is an ordinance against letting loose the dog in the streets but people just seem not to follow the law. Frequently, we would see dogs mating in the street as we pass by on our way to work. And obviously those dogs will give birth to puppies with unknown breed and those puppies will grow up and mate again. It is like a continuing cycle which degrades the breed according to one breeder we know. He added that it is best to preserve the pure breeds because the character of the dog is greatly affected when it is a mixed breed.

Corzhens, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Corzhens

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Same thing as backyard breeder around here! Their dog got loose and mated, and then the owner trying to sell the puppies. All sort of puppies can bring in some money, as people are willing to pay for them.

When the owner doesn't take neutering or spaying seriously, this is what we have. Although I think mixed dogs are more intelligent, and some are wonderful, but the number of dogs that sit in the shelters waiting to have a family are too many. I always try to convince people to stop their plan on breeding their AKC dogs.

IcyBC, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Corzhens

Pippin Member

I don't really see mixed breeding as a problem, that's nature. We humans always try to regulate everything, So what these dogs mix breed. We are not in control of nature, so I think that's the problem with us because we want to be.

I don't necessarily think that people are just letting their dogs loose. Some dogs just run down the street and don't know how to get home. Boom, stray dog. Catching them mating randomly us the funniest thing ever, they don't care where they do it, but it happens.

Pippin, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Corzhens

Winterybella Well-Known Member

All of my small dogs are mixed and I know one is as a result of someone letting the dog roam the streets but I don't see them as lesser than my pure breed bigger dog. That debate in ongoing and there are those who write that mutts or mixed breeds actually are known to be stronger but like I said it's an ongoing debate. To your point of carelessly allowing breeding, I could not agree more.

There is too much of that here, not only with people not fixing the dogs and letting them roam the streets, but with the wrong people breeding the dogs for money. I daresay the dogs who breed a lot around here are not strays. They are owned by people who can't be bothered to do the right thing or in some cases, they can't afford to have the dogs fixed.

Winterybella, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Corzhens

remnant Well-Known Member

Mixed breeding can have positive and negative traits conferred to the offspring. This is due to the fact that that if one of the dogs has good dominant characters, they will be expressed in the offspring. Every individual is a product of genetic recombination which produces unique individuals irrespective of the parents. Most of the breeds in existence are use result of such that happenned in the past.

remnant, Aug 10, 2016
Ask a Question