stop cords from getting destroyed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by wahmed, Mar 19, 2015.

1. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

When my dog was a puppy he insited on biting his cord. I began wipingbitter apple spray. He wont do it again.

wahmed, Mar 19, 2015
  2. wahmed

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I just "adopted" a dog I THINK. At least she's found a home with me for now. Anyway, I am concerned she is a biter. I actually tried for the first time yesterday to put a leash on her neck and she was trying to bite that as well.

Her biting has been extending to socks and shoes. I don't suppose I can wipe bitter apple spray on all the shoes in her path now, can I:)?

In the meantime I will keep the shoes out of her way.Seriously, though, I will have to go back to my days of training although biting was never an issue with the others. I hope this little one comes around.

Winterybella, Mar 20, 2015
  3. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

I think you'll have quite a task stopping hi . Perhaps get an old pair if shes or a really cheap pair and spray those. Hide the rest. Eventually he'll think they all taste nasty.

wahmed, Mar 25, 2015
  4. wahmed

This little biter is so serious I feel she would have no problem using me as a big fat cord that she bites up all day:). I did not know what to expect but I guess the up side is that she will keep me on my toes. It means I will have to be careful not to leave anything on the floor. The problem with that is that even my house shoes go missing as soon as I slip them off by my bed. The biter is always somewhere waiting to "attack".

Winterybella, Mar 26, 2015
  5. wahmed

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi Anne! Some puppies are avid bitters, but it is good you are trying to stop that habit! If it's still a problem when she grows up, odds are she needs more activity, like for example exercise. For now you will have to use this like the one wahmed suggested, that and being very energetic when she bites something, she must understand that kind of activity isn't ok.

Trellum, Apr 12, 2015
  6. wahmed

I traveled last week and by the time i returned I had three quarters of a slipper. It wasn't that bad but a lot of the slipper is missing. I really should have looked for that spray that Wahmed suggested but I completely forgot and was looking for treats to pick up. These days I have to remember to keep all cords and most things from within reach. She is a biter and these days when she runs out of things to bite she wants my toes.

Winterybella, Apr 12, 2015
  7. wahmed

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh Anne, so sorry to hear that. You must be feeling so stressed and frustrated, I know I would. The viscious dog I told you about (my mom's dog) was a biter... A bitter til the day he died.

As a puppy we noticed he'd destroy what he could. Things only got worse when he got older, because now he could destroy more things! It was a nightmare. He destroyed my dolls and some of my mom's clothes... A bitter is a nightmare. I hope she outgrows that habit.

Trellum, Apr 13, 2015
Ask a Question