Stashes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LilAnn, May 23, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

My almost 8 week old has the funniest habit! She's the only one who has ever done it quite like this. When I take her outside to potty ( she is still training) she will find these little pieces of mulch, twigs, plastic, whatever and take them up to the door and set them down. I thought she intended to take them inside when we went in, but she just stashes them and leaves them. Inside the house things started coming up missing... A friends phone charger, water bowl, socks, all sorts of things. Then we I saw her grab a leash and run as fast as she can behind the bed. I looked, and sure enough, everything was there. None of it was chewed up, either. She just stashes the stuff and leaves it ther for who knows what.

LilAnn, May 23, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  2. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, this is such a funny and adorable habit!!!:D
    My Homer stashes tiny, green apples from the garden and pine cones in his room. Fortunately, he has never tried to steal my things;)

claudine, May 24, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm worried she's changing her hiding spot. Little things are still coming up missing now and again, but they aren't behind the bed. Outside its still the same spot, though. She is also the only dog I've had that doesn't want to be seen going potty. She hides under the truck to pee, then she'll run as fast as she can behind the bush to poop. I've learned to just let her do her thing. As long as she doesn't try to go near the road I let her go do what she wants.

LilAnn, May 25, 2015
  4. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

I thought this thread was gonna be about 'mustaches'.

My dog does a mean charlie chaplin impersonation:

[​IMG]

Pshaw Bradley, May 25, 2015
    LilAnn and claudine like this.
  5. LilAnn

LilAnn - haha, I guess she's just very shy. My Homer likes to be in the centre of attention when he goes potty, lol:p
    Pshaw Bradley - he's so cute!!!:D

claudine, May 26, 2015
  6. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

He is such a pretty dog!!! Charlie Chaplin, huh?
    Well, that's the only time she's shy. I can't judge tho, I like my privacy too. Lol

LilAnn, May 26, 2015
  7. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

Yeah, Charlie Chaplin.

[​IMG]

what?

Pshaw Bradley, May 26, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  8. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

She sounds like such a sweetheart, I had never seen or heard of a dog doing such a thing! What a funny quirky little puppy! I she is going to have such colorful personality once she grows up even bigger!

Trellum, May 27, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  9. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

lol Awesome!!

LilAnn, May 27, 2015
  10. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Yesterday it got really quiet all of a sudden, (she is constantly growling, whining, barking, or making the 'I kill you' noises. I thought she must have gone to sleep, then she runs past me, as fast as she can with a role of toilet paper in her mouth. When I said "hey!" She darts under the bed so she can take it behind the bed and stash it. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw me come back there. I actually felt bad for denying her the toilet paper.'im not even going to guess how she got it.

LilAnn, May 27, 2015
  11. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

Lol!!! She sounds like sweetheart! I remember those little pit growlings around the house, when I was little I had a pit puppy, she did the same. So cute!!!!! As for the paper, lol, what a naughty girl, but she has to learn there are limits. So don't worry you did the right thing :) She needs to learn early on there are things she is not supposed to play with. Keep up the good work raising her!

Trellum, May 28, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  12. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Thank you! My biggest problem is disciplining for things like that. You're 100% right on. But it takes so much to really make me mad that I let a lot more go than I should. My dogs will reach 2 yrs old and you have nothing to worry about. They grow out of all the stuff I guess. I raise dogs that will wake you up in the morning by giving you kisses, they'll lay their head in your lap, or lay their head on your shoulder, the command "give me kisses" is learned before the word "no", and theyll listen to me really well when i tell them to go in the other room, come here, get down off my lap, get out of my chair, go lay down, etc. But they will eat the house and everything in it before they DO grow out of it. I have GOT to learn to be more authoritative. That's just all there is to it.

LilAnn, May 28, 2015
  13. LilAnn

Haha, that must have looked hilarious! When Homer was a puppy, I often saw him running with big pieces of paper in his mouth. He loved stealing them and tearing them up to pieces:p

claudine, May 29, 2015
  14. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

It may seem mean, but dogs really secretly appreciate having a strong leader. It satisfies some inner dog thing they have going on. Sort of like teenagers. They act like their parents are so lame and boring, but deep down inside they just want guidance and protection.

Pshaw Bradley, May 29, 2015
Ask a Question