Stanley & Gabriel ! You will those these 2 !

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SweetBeast, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Stanley is certainly trying the patience of his best friend, Gabriel, conversely, Gabriel does display a fair amount of patience ! I love how they get along, & watch for the body language of Stanley, early on !

Hope you enjoy!

SweetBeast, Dec 30, 2012
  2. SweetBeast

claudine Well-Known Member

They're so adorable when they play together! They seem to get along well. It's a very cute video. It's nice to know that there are dogs somewhere who don't hate cats:p

claudine, Dec 30, 2012
  3. SweetBeast

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I've never really known if Mishka likes cats.
    These two seem well at ease with each other. Lovely to see.So sweet. :)

argon_0, Dec 31, 2012
  4. SweetBeast

If she hated them, you would know. My Homer attacks every cat he sees, he hates them so much, he barks like crazy when he hears them miaowing - even if they're only on TV. Cats are enemy no. 1.

claudine, Dec 31, 2012
  5. SweetBeast

Homer is one dog I would love to meet. :D
    If he would let me get near him?:eek:

argon_0, Jan 1, 2013
  6. SweetBeast

If you had a carrot in your hand and if you wore glasses it's possible he would:p . But only on the neutral ground. If you were at our house, he probably would attack you because he hates guests:p

claudine, Jan 1, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  7. SweetBeast

He must give the Avon lady heaps.
    Santa wouldn't stand a chance once down the chimney.:D

argon_0, Jan 1, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  8. SweetBeast

Fortunately we don't have Avon ladies here...but we have a poor mailman whom Homer hates:p
    Why dogs always bark at mailmen?

claudine, Jan 2, 2013
  9. SweetBeast

We don't have a mail delivery so I have never had to deal with this Mailmand dog situation. Here's a link I found interesting.
    To stop the barking would be a challenge. Poor Mailman. :(

http://freedogtraininginfo.com/114/mailman-mystery/

argon_0, Jan 3, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  10. SweetBeast

Thank you for sharing this article, it's very interesting:p . I bet Homer thinks the mailman is running away because he is scared of him. Homer thinks everybody is scared of him.
    The mailman likes him so it's not such a big problem though:)

claudine, Jan 3, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  11. SweetBeast

Your lucky to have a friendly mailman. Homer sounds like a card. I like the way you like his misgivings.
    I'm fortunate to get my mail in a post office box in my nearest town so Mishka doesn't need to show a mail man who's boss.:mad:

argon_0, Jan 4, 2013
  12. SweetBeast

Yes Claudine as my Bobbi has no problems with cats & she didn't bat an eye when she first met my parent's cat. I didn't know how she would be with cats, but she's so good with them.

SweetBeast, Jan 4, 2013
  13. SweetBeast

I truly think I could win over Homer, or would like to try. I have had a few jobs in my life that involved delivery & never had a problem with any of the dogs I encountered. One summer in high school, I delivered soft water tanks & the guy teaching me said, about 5 times that day"watch out for this dog or that dog, as they nip or will bite" but at each of those stops, I walked right in the fenced yards & never a bite or a nip. & I also used to deliver steel & had to deal with guard dogs & again, never a problem. But there was one dog I was making up to, a shepherd mix & he slowly walked away, then I off loaded the steel & was filling out my paperwork & I realized the dog had disappeared, but I turned slowly & the dog went around the entire grounds & walked up right behind me. I believe had I been scared or ran, he may have come after me, but I gently spoke with him, he wagged his tail a little, then went & lay in the shade.

SweetBeast, Jan 4, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  14. SweetBeast

You appear to be a dog whisperer there SweetBeast.:)
    I generally ignore other peoples dogs until I get to know them. I feel you need the okay from the dogs owners to touch them. I will though say gidday fella to a dog if it's sitting around in the back of a ute or tied up outside a store. But that's about it. A women friend of ours who is single had a dog that went men for and there was a number of times blokes would try to be friendly with him only to get bitten. I was calm and just ignored the dog and was never attacked.

argon_0, Jan 4, 2013
  15. SweetBeast

Well not so sure of that argon_0 & maybe I am too trusting! In your case, discretion was the better part of valor, no doubt!

But I just love animals & I always put myself in their paws & try & understand what they may be thinking. I purposely never kill anything, spiders included, as again, how would I feel up in the corner of the living room & see a big newspaper coming at me? I know, it's strange, but I cannot kill.

I came home once & saw the tail of a lizard dart behind a cabinet I have on the deck, but when I pulled it away, it was a snake. So I got a pail with a lid, caught the snake, drove him a few short miles to the hills & set it free. I do the same with spiders, but they get a ride only as far as the deck!

SweetBeast, Jan 5, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  16. SweetBeast

I'm the same. I'm scared of spiders but I don't kill them. I also always ask my boyfriend not to kill them. I ask him to toss them into the garden where they can live without scaring me:p I'm simply unable to kill anything, I feel so sorry for all these living creatures - even if they look like little monsters;)

claudine, Jan 5, 2013
    SweetBeast likes this.
  17. SweetBeast

So glad to hear you say this claudine as I don't feel so bad for sharing my feelings on this. Bottom line, they & all living beings are just that, living & in my not so humble opinion, they all deserve the right to life.
    Thanks claudine

SweetBeast, Jan 6, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  18. SweetBeast

Please don't feel bad for sharing your feelings, these are good feelings:) . I do sometimes feel a little bit silly when I try to rescue a drowning fruit fly or something like this, but then I always think that these little creatures want to live too:)

claudine, Jan 6, 2013
    SweetBeast likes this.
  19. SweetBeast

Thanks for understanding, Claudine, as many don't understand. Yes, I also save drowning insects, any living being in danger I will do what I can to try & save them. When I was growing up, all the family & neighbors said I should become a veterinarian, but there's no way in this life of mine I could ever put down an animal. Even though vets must do that to end the suffering of our pets, I could never do that as again, I put myself in the place of the animal; the last person I remember is the one wo purposely ended any chance I had at survival.

Thanks again for your thoughts & feelings on this Claudine:)

SweetBeast, Jan 8, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  20. SweetBeast

I'm pretty sure I couldn't put down an animal either. I know it's sometimes necessary and it's the best solution when there is no hope and the animal is suffering but still...it would be so hard, I'm sure I would cry while doing it. And a crying veterinarian is not something that an unhappy and devastated animal's owner needs when he is saying goodbye to his friend.

claudine, Jan 8, 2013
Ask a Question