Spoiled pups

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by KimmyMarkks, Nov 26, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I used to work for a women who had two small dogs. They were SO spoiled. One refused to walk up the stairs. She would cry until someone carried her. I know she was able to walk up the stairs because I saw her do it before. Also when nobody was home I would leave her downstairs before I left and she would wind up upstairs when I got home.
    Another one of her dogs wouldn't eat. The lady told me I had to hand feed it. I personally never had any animal act like this. I don't know if I would have the patience!

KimmyMarkks, Nov 26, 2015
  2. KimmyMarkks

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Oh these two traits wouldn't work with me for I am already having trouble going upstairs by myself. Hand feeding can only last a short time if the dog is sick or something, but not everyday chore.

These two dogs are really spoiled and I hope the lady is financially well off to hire help for her dogs.

IcyBC, Dec 2, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  3. KimmyMarkks

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, I'm not proud of this, but my Homer is spoiled too. Just like the dog in your story, he refuses to walk up the indoor stairs. Also, he doesn't want to walk if the pavement is wet. We have to carry him;)

claudine, Dec 2, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  4. KimmyMarkks

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our white pekingese is also a spoiled brat because she grew up with doting nannies. Once in a while she would emit short barks to mean she wants something and that is to be petted or caressed. And when Barbie would be ignored, she would bite (playfully though) your toes, hahahaaah. I think it is natural for small dogs to be affectionate, always wanting to be carried or caressed by humans. But for big dogs, there's no way to carry them, maybe just a walk with a leash will do.

Corzhens, Dec 2, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  5. KimmyMarkks

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I think mine are spoiled as well but not to the extent as the ones in the opening post. I recently started a little hand feeding in short spells just to make sure my greedy Ginger would not eat everything.
    I think my Zola was spoiled somewhat with being the only one allowed to sleep in the bed at times. Now Ginger is around she wants to take over everything. These days I am trying to keep all of them out of the bed. I think most dogs are a little spoiled. After all there are like our little kids.

Winterybella, Dec 3, 2015
  6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I definitely think it is how the owner brings the dog up. If people give into their animals they are more likely to be spoiled. My dogs have never been hand fed. They knew if they didn't eat the food that was given to them, there would be not other food. Also, they only were given treats every once in a while. I think animals, like children's personalities are a direct result of how their parents raise them.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 3, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  7. KimmyMarkks

Trellum Well-Known Member

Wow, those two dogs sound so spoiled, but to be honest I only blame the owner :/ If the owner screws up it is going to show on the dog :( Sadly it's very hard to fix that :/ Specially if the owner keeps reinforcing it, I feel sorry for those dogs, because if the owner dies I doubt any other person will have that much patience with them :(

Trellum, Dec 10, 2015
  8. KimmyMarkks

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Only this evening I was looking at my three on the inside and saying how spoiled I think they are. It wasn't even that they were doing anything special. The thought just occurred to me right after I was thinking I need to spend more time with them. You would think they are my fleshly kids and truth be told sometimes it feels like it.

Winterybella, Dec 25, 2015
  9. KimmyMarkks

Djordje87 Active Member

Same as kids are not born spoiled dogs are not either. This all due to reckless and dumb 'owners' (I hate this word because we shouldn't own a living creature). I have seen this everywhere and even my dog who is actually my sister's dog. Joe has spent most of his six years with me but still he is not my dog. However, if it wasn't for me he wouldn't live this long. No discipline is bad for a dog and especially when it comes to treats of the table and he was getting those in enormous amounts until I said enough. Another thing was that he was able to go everywhere and sit on ever bed or to take food from the table. She doesn't mind but me and my family do because she is not cleaning him properly.

It is hard to teach the dog how to behave if somebody is trying to sabotage you. He was very spoiled and now he is OK. He got spoiled in two years of my absence.

Djordje87, Jan 2, 2016
Ask a Question