Spicy food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Does you dog like spicy food at all? Do you ever give your dog such things? We never really had any spicy food around the house. Even if we did, I certainly do not remember giving any to our dogs. We would probably have been worried that it would make them too thirsty; then they would have drunk a lot of water and we would have to take them for extra walks.

GavinMcresty, May 10, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't think it's healthy for a dog to eat spicy food. It definitely wouldn't be natural. Homer has never tried it and, to be honest, I doubt if he would find it tasty. I believe that his own dog food and vegetables are enough for him.

claudine, May 10, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

With a dog's taste and smell much more sensitive than ours I am very wary of giving my dog anything spicy. My take on things is, if it's a bit hot to our taste how would it feel multiplied several times. It could be excruciating for them. So I stay clear of that for my dog and have instructed my kids on the matter as well.

trishgl, May 16, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

I do not like spicy foods so I am not giving our dog or dogs spicy foods as well. I think it was not also good to give animals spicy foods.

zararina, May 25, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

Jezebella Member

In general I don't think that's a good idea. I have a friend who feeds his dog tacos. There is no delicate way to put this. His dog has more gas than a spaceship. It is just not the way that their diet is meant to work. I think the diet should mimic what they would eat if they hadn't been domesticated.

Jezebella, Jul 3, 2013
Ask a Question