Speaking of second chances

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Does anyone remember when this happened.
    A police officer rescued a pitbull tied to rail road tracks just in time. A couple teenagers tied the dog to the tracks for fun. The dog was nursed back to help and eventually adopted. I remember reading that several people offered to adopt the dog.

https://www.thedodo.com/pit-bull-tied-to-rr-tracks-1025526386.html

KimmyMarkks, Nov 25, 2015
  2. KimmyMarkks

claudine Well-Known Member

I have a vague memory of reading about this poor dog. It's really great that she has a loving owner now:) Every dog deserves it.
    Did they find those stupid teenagers?

claudine, Nov 26, 2015
  3. KimmyMarkks

IcyBC Well-Known Member

This is the first time I heard of this, and that was just cruel! These teenagers' future don't look good to me when they have no compassion for living thing! I love the outcome of this story! That dog deserves love more than anything.

IcyBC, Nov 26, 2015
  4. KimmyMarkks

Djordje87 Active Member

I haven't heard about this until now. It is beyond me how stupid people are. Doesn't matter if they are just kids. I cannot imagine how wicked their minds are, i was a kid too and sometimes when i find a lost puppy or a stray dog i would take him and give him something to eat, give him a bath and if my parents do not mind make them some space in my room to get warm and sleep well. If they were puppies i would put them in my bed :). So, no excuse for being minors or stupid kids. Recently in Serbia a case of animal abuse hit the public when somebody found a dog with its paws cut. All 4 of them i think. I can check it out, but I'd rather not.

Djordje87, Nov 26, 2015
  5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks Active Member

KimmyMarkks, Nov 26, 2015
  6. KimmyMarkks

Trellum Well-Known Member

Oh wow, I don't remember ever hearing about this dog (so many stories of abused animals out there, really), but there is a big chance I did... I just don't remember. It's so sad, but some people out there are so evil and cruel, no idea how they sleep at night. I love helping people, but sometimes when I see this kind of things I can't help but to wonder if the people I've helped were all good people.

Trellum, Dec 17, 2015
  7. KimmyMarkks

claudine Well-Known Member

Trellum, I often wonder about it too. Most people can be so cruel. And sometimes people who are considered decent can be cruel too. For example, did you know that Descartes was beating his dog with a stick? He wanted to prove that dogs don't feel anything:(

claudine, Dec 18, 2015
Ask a Question