Some people just need to stop

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

When I first started to talk about dogs in forums, I could not understand why some dog lovers seemed so upset when the subject of breeding was introduced. I think I have a better understanding now.

I have seen firsthand how breeding when not done the right way or by the right people could be a huge problem. I recently took a pup that came from someone who to my mind does not understand the seriousness of bringing new life into the world. I think she sees breeding as a fun thing and a way to make a few bucks while she's at.

I have to find a way to tell her to stop. It's not fair to the dogs. Why do some insist on breeding when they know they do not have any intentions of doing right by the dogs? Some people just need to stop!

Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. It's definitely not fair to the dogs. Puppies need to be taken care of, it's a huge responsibility.
    However, I don't condemn all breeders. Some of them are decent, kind people who love dogs more than anything. We bought Homer from a really nice family.

claudine, Mar 18, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yes, I didn't see it that way before, but now I do. I think it's so unfair for the poor female dogs and her puppies, so many times the poor mom is forced to bread til death. And the puppies sometimes end up in good homes, but many times they don't and then you see them wandering around the streets.

Trellum, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Winterybella

The young lady in question seems to think this thing is some sort of joke. She is my son's friend and he tells me she keeps telling him to get some other breed and she already has about four running around in her yard and neighbor. You should have heard her begging him to take Ginger away. You would think Ginger was some sort of garbage. Sad thing is it appears she does not even know who the father is.

Then she wants another dog? Something is seriously wrong with that thinking.

Winterybella, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Winterybella

Oh no :( I hope she is treating her other dogs well, she sounds like a reckless young woman if you ask me. I hope she reconsiders what she is doing, sadly maybe it might take her a couple years to understand that animals are not toys :(

Trellum, Mar 19, 2015
  6. Winterybella

That's what I asked my son. If the pup came with all those fleas and ticks it means all the others are infected and she did not seem worried. When my son told her the poor little thing was badly infected she had no clue and said she had dog treatment which she obviously wasn't using.

I could not believe my ears when my son told me she keeps asking him to get her another dog. Some time back she asked him to get her a cat. A few weeks after the cat was dead. Stupesss!!! That' s me sucking my teeth in my teeth in my language.

Anyway, I am the adult here and will speak to her. She might not realize this is a serious matter. I think I should invite her to join the forum.

Winterybella, Mar 19, 2015
  7. Winterybella

Oh my! It's such a wonderful thing you will talk to her :) That can make a huge difference, how old is she, by the way? I'm betting she is still a teen, isn't she? They are at a difficult age, might take a while for her to realize what she is doing is so wrong, but don't worry, she will eventually understand and will surely remember that talk you will have with her. Best f luck and let us know how it goes once you go for it!

Trellum, Mar 20, 2015
  8. Winterybella

I did it! I had the talk: on Whatsapp. I was kind enough. I reckon she is about 19/20. She was receptive and she says she is going to have the dog fixed next week. She says when she is in heat she goes out and doesn't return for hours. Can you really blame the poor dog?;)

Hence she has no clue of who the father might be. Here is the mother.
    IMG-20150319-WA001.jpg

Winterybella, Mar 20, 2015
  9. Winterybella

Hehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!! Ok, that explains the beard! It's great you had that talk :) You did something great! Do you really think she will be taking her to the vet next week? I hope so! It wa kinda funny that bit about the dog leaving and not coming back after hours, lol. I mean, couldn't she just keep her locked in the yard? Can't be so hard, right!?

Trellum, Mar 21, 2015
  10. Winterybella

That beard has me so confuse. When I am in a good mood it just makes me laugh to look at her. I have to wait and see if the young ladies really goes ahead with getting the dog fixed. While we picking up Ginger, she opened the gate and all of the dogs went roaming the neighborhood. I was concerned but I was told to relax as they are always allowed to go out like that. I suppose "they get out" in more ways than one.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Winterybella, Mar 21, 2015
  11. Winterybella

Oh my... that young girl sounds like the least responsible person ever! Sounds like she has a whole pack of dogs (from your comment) and they're allowed to do out every time someone opens the gate.

That to me is a recipe for disaster, no wonder her dogs are infested with ticks and fleas! People shouldn't treat their dogs like they're cats :( Because cats are better adapted for wandering in the streets, but dogs? They are only good at catching ticks, fleas and getting run over :( So many dead dogs I've seen over here. Wish we could fix the world, you know?

Trellum, Mar 22, 2015
  12. Winterybella

I made some mistakes in the post but 'yes" she allows them to run around in the neighborhood. When I was concern when they went running the streets, my son told me that's the norm and then she confirmed that when the dog is in heat it goes out for hours and then returns. I am assuming returns pregnant.

She doesn't understand the seriousness of the situation but I am trying to educate her the best I can. I really wish we could fix the world one human at a time. It starts with us humans.

Winterybella, Mar 23, 2015
  13. Winterybella

Thank you for your service, Ann :) Educating a teenager that age can't be easy, specially such a difficult and serious topic (that for some reason isn't so serious to her), cant be easy, but thanks :)

Trellum, Mar 24, 2015
  14. Winterybella

Thank you! You have made my education that much easier so all thanks to you and others in the forum. I have learned so much here that I can't help but share it. I know what it's like to be "ignorant" to to a topic or situation so I am always ready to share what I know. Not all will be receptive, but I will do my part. I know you will be rooting for me. :)

Winterybella, Mar 24, 2015
  15. Winterybella

Yees =D I'm so glad you have learnt a lot over here, I must say I've also learnt a lot new things over here too. It's the beauty of forums :) The best way to share info, if you ask me :)

Trellum, Mar 25, 2015
  16. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, Trellum. Being able to talk to other dog owners is priceless. I learn so much here!
    Not to mention that I truly enjoy talking about my cute, little Homer:D

claudine, Mar 25, 2015
  17. Winterybella

It stayed with me when you asked if I thought she would take the dog to have her fixed and yesterday I messaged her to get a progress report. Sure enough she has not taken her as yet and I am getting a sneaking feeling it's not going to happen unless apply some pressure. Did I say before that she sold the others for a small price?

Winterybella, Mar 26, 2015
  18. Winterybella

Oh no!!!! That girl is sneaky and shady, if you ask me. I bet she gave you an excuse as for why she didn't take the dog to the vet. Maybe she is doing that on purpose, because you mentioned she has sold some of them.

Trellum, Mar 27, 2015
  19. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Someone should call Animal Control on her! That is so wrong and abusive toward the animals. She needs to be fined a hefty amount and get all her dogs taken away from her. I can't imagine what kind of life those pups would have if no one takes them.

IcyBC, Sep 9, 2015
  20. Winterybella

She did sell them and I think she kept one.

Winterybella, Sep 9, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question