Snoring

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, May 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Gah!!

So my dog is laying behind me at the moment, snoring so loudly that I just cranked up the music in my headset even louder. It's ridiculous. Twice this week, I've woken up to him snoring in the morning, haha. It's cute and all, but it can also be really annoying.

Do your dogs snore? Have you ever woken them up to get them to stop or made them sleep in a different room?

Jessi, May 1, 2012
  2. Jessi

kinser Well-Known Member

Neither one of my dogs snores, at least not that I've noticed. I don't let my dogs sleep in the bedrooms, though. If I did and they were bothering me, they'd definitely be out! I used to have a cat that snored like an old man when he got old. It was the strangest sound, to hear a little cat snore loudly.

kinser, May 2, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

That's what my dog sounds like! He's rather old at this point, so it makes sense, but geesh! And he doesn't always sleep with me, but is somewhat clingy, so is always with one of us. He's snored a bit here or there over the last few years, but it's particularly bad lately, so I kinda wonder if something might be wrong? Or more likely, he's simply passing out more than usual, falling into a deep sleep, and doesn't adjust at all when he starts snoring like he used to.

Jessi, May 2, 2012
  4. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka doesn't snore but she does make noise some times when she dreams. We usually calmly ask her to stop doing it.

argon_0, May 2, 2012
  5. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

My oldest dog before snores so loud and I think that it was because of her old age since she does not snores like that before. I am first bothered on that sound since I did not expect that it was her snoring. I wake her up since she was like having a nightmare that time.

zararina, May 3, 2012
  6. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Haven't heard any of my dogs snoring yet. Maybe that's because I am asleep and didn't hear it. Or maybe my dogs are not that old yet. Wait, Benjamin is very old and he doesn't snore. Actually he doesn't even sleep that much. Just catch a nap here and a nap there.

Victor Leigh, May 6, 2012
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Update:

Last night, I went to bed with him snoring gently beside my bed. I was exhausted, so it didn't really bother me.

What did bother me...and then make me giggle...was waking up in the middle of the night with him barking softly and then growling. I sat up, thinking something was wrong because he NEVER growls, only to discover that he was dreaming, haha.

Jessi, Jun 7, 2012
  8. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

When one of my dogs Rosie was older she would occasionally snore. However it was a really quiet snore and you wouldn't notice it unless there were no other noises. Neither of our dogs snored when they were younger though. So there probably is a link between age and snoring with dogs.

tajnz, Jun 8, 2012
  9. Jessi

Link between age and snoring? That can be a possibility. I am not too sure how canine respiratory systems work but, for human beings, I noticed that the link is more between obesity and snoring.

Victor Leigh, Jun 8, 2012
  10. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Maybe so. I don't know if he snored as a puppy, but he's 14 now and obviously up there in age. Maybe it has something to do with falling into a deeper sleep or his health not being as good.

Jessi, Jun 8, 2012
  11. Jessi

14 years? That's a ripe old age for a dog. What's the multiplication factor? Seven, right? So 14 x 7 would mean the equivalent of 98 years in human age. That's old.

Victor Leigh, Jun 9, 2012
  12. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yes, he's definitely old, but you'd never be able to guess it! He's so energetic and goes crazy all the time. He really does just still act like a puppy, even after all these years. People never guess him as even old, much less -that- old.

Jessi, Jun 9, 2012
  13. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Sierra snored, but Misha doesn't. I think it's something they acquire as they age, because my sister's dog is doing now, too.

No, my dog does not snore. What she does is howl--loudly! She will be sound asleep when 5 to 10 loud howls will burst from her. It's funny because she never howls when she is awake. Maybe she dreams she is a wolf or coyote ;)

Melody, Jun 9, 2012
  14. Jessi

Ah, that we will never know. It's entirely possible because dogs do dream. The only thing is we have no idea what they are dreaming about. Just as some human beings may dream of being superman, so probably some dogs may dream of being a big, bad wolf.

Victor Leigh, Jun 12, 2012
  15. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Fortunately my Homer doesn't snore. He is completely quiet when he is asleep. But even with the lights turned off, I can always locate him because of his smell;)
    I think that snoring dogs are very cute:)

claudine, Jun 13, 2013
Ask a Question