Sleepwalking gets out of hand

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've all seen it. In the middle of a deep sleep, your dog begins to make weird noises. Then, the eyelids twitch in a strange way. This is usually followed by the legs spasming or running in place and a lot of muscle twitches. This is the doggie equivalent to sleepwalking.

Look at this poor dog. He gets a bit carried away. Evidently, he was chasing something in his dream.

Melody, Jul 11, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!! I've never seen Buddy do this. He will sometimes growl or whimper in his sleep, though, and it's really adorable. He'd probably freak himself out if he woke up and ran into a wall. :rolleyes:

Jessi, Jul 11, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

My Lab used to get really twitchy in her eyelids. It was like her eyelids would half open and close repeatedly. She looked like she was possessed. LOL

Misha moves her legs sometimes, but not like this. This dog is off and running!

Misha's specialty is howling at 3 in the morning while sound asleep. I have never heard her howl while awake. Sometimes I will be woken by 5-10 howls, each louder and more high pitched than the previous one. It's as if she is getting really worked up about something. Maybe she is dreaming that she is leader of a wolf pack and she is ordering everyone around. :D

Melody, Jul 11, 2012
  4. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, that's must have been quite a dream. I kind of think it might have been a nightmare, from the backward snapping motions near the end. Like something was chasing after the dog and probably jumping on its back.

Luckily none of my dogs had ever experienced something this traumatic. The most that I have seen was just a whimper or two while they were asleep.

Victor Leigh, Jul 11, 2012
Ask a Question