Single puppy litter

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LilAnn, May 25, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm curious if this is more common than I realize. I had never heard of it before Little Ann. She was the only puppy in her litter. I don't mean the only one to survive, but the only one born at all. She is also the healthiest puppy I have ever seen. At 8 weeks she weighs over 10lbs. At birth she was a normal sized newborn, but has grown so quick and matured so quick since then. Have any of you ever seen this before?

LilAnn, May 25, 2015
  2. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

It's the first time when I hear about a single puppy litter, but the truth is that I don't know much about breeding. My Homer has one sibling, a sister. I saw her only once. She was tiny back then, much smaller than him and less courageous.

claudine, May 25, 2015
  3. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I honestly didnt know it was possible. I've heard of one survivor, but not one born

LilAnn, May 26, 2015
  4. LilAnn

Pshaw Bradley Member

Is this, like, the opposite of twins?

In dog terms, I mean.

I knew a lady once who had a baby shower for her dog. Didn't even know who the father was. Shameful.

Pshaw Bradley, May 26, 2015
  5. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

It's the first time I ever hear of something like this, specially suprising coming from a pit bull mom! I guess she is growing fast because she was the only one growing in the womb, so she didn't have to share nutritional reseources with her sinlings. It was only her.

Trellum, May 27, 2015
  6. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I bet she knows. A girl always has a pretty good idea who the baby daddy is. She was probably embarrassed or ashamed.

LilAnn, Jun 2, 2015
  7. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Growing fast is an understatement, lol. 9 weeks old and she already a beast! But she has been a lot healthier since birth than most puppies Ive seen

LilAnn, Jun 2, 2015
  8. LilAnn

Lol, wow! You should take a picture of her soon, so we can see her shine in all her glory, I bet she is a gorgeous pit! And yeah, this goes to prove single litter puppies are more healthy because they don't have to share all the nutritional resources :)

Trellum, Jun 3, 2015
  9. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    it seems like its the exact same thing as an only child. She has gotten so much individual attention from the other pups and us, and never had to share puppy food or fight for a nipple, she has grown and learned so fast!! These pictures are from about 10 minutes ago. The big dog she's attacking is her mama.

LilAnn, Jun 3, 2015
  10. LilAnn

LOL, Oh my!!! ou weren't kidding! She is indeed a beast :eek::eek::eek::eek: She is huge for a 9 weeks old puppy!!! I bet she is going to be a massive girl, very healthy and strong :eek::eek: She will be as big as her mom in no time! I'd not be suprised if she turned out to be bigger than her mom :eek:

Trellum, Jun 4, 2015
  11. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

she's a lot bigger than mama was at her age. I'm not sure if I posted the pic already, but I'll post it again so you can see the size of her paws. The picture looks like it was just taken at a funny angle or something. But it's not. Her paws are really that big. She's going to dwarf all the other dogs... Including both parents.

LilAnn, Jun 4, 2015
  12. LilAnn

Hehehehe! That's the power of a good nutrition to ya! Gosh, she must have used all the nutrients of her mother so well while in the womb! And also while feeding from her, it was all for her :eek::eek::eek::eek: I wonder how many documented single littler puppies are out there? I bet they're all so big and healthy, hehe!

Trellum, Jun 5, 2015
Ask a Question