Silly pet foods/treats

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Jessi, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Jun 12, 2012
  2. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, those first treats look pretty gross. They look like Ho Ho's that have gone wrong. LOL

I'm not really sure dogs need speciality food. They aren't really that discerning when it comes to what they eat. I think stuff like this is more for the owner's benefit and not the dogs. The owner thinks it's cute, so they buy it.

Melody, Jun 13, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

I agree that the first one does not look tempting at all. :p
    No, I would never purchase any of those dog treats and I think the would not like it. Lol

zararina, Jun 13, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think those treats are meant to catch some money from some people. Dogs would probably be more interested in the smell and taste more than the shape and color of their food.

Victor Leigh, Jun 17, 2012
  5. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure my Homer would eat them in a heartbeat not because they look good, but simply because they're edible. He isn't very picky, so I wouldn't buy them. I think he is as happy when he gets his regular, not so special treats - carrots and pieces of bread:D

claudine, Oct 30, 2012
  6. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

That first picture at first had me thinking wait am I being told that my dogs can have snack cakes, because this is what I first thought of when I saw them. Then I took closer look and thought, wait is that sushi. Who knows, I have to say that some of these looked interesting, cake in a jar, cannoli. Kind of reminds me of an episode I saw recently of the series Shark Tank, there was a couple on their promoting an ice cream line for dogs. You read that right, yes these look like interesting things, but how much do they actually cost. I love my dogs but I'm not willing to pay outrageous prices for something that I'm not even sure they will even like.

pafjlh, Nov 1, 2012
  7. Jessi

pigeon_small Active Member

I'm pretty sure the first picture is dog food made to look like sushi. The seaweed wrap is the dark part and I guess the inside is the rice and fish. It's pretty clever and smart I guess. You're not selling your product to the dog but to the dog's owner. But then you have to wonder is the treat healthy? I'm a little leery of gimmicks.

pigeon_small, Nov 4, 2012
  8. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe you're right about it being made to look like sushi.

As for the latter, I'm assuming they use the same ingredients you would expect to see in other treats. Actually, after following the link again and checking out the individual companies, it looks like some of them are even healthier than store-bought ones because they're using better ingredients.

Jessi, Nov 4, 2012
  9. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Food for pets that perhaps we would be tempted to eat. Like smoked salmon, sushi, apple cake. Boy, that does sound yummy.
    Mishka prefers sardines on crackers rather than sushi and apple cake and she gets to lick the empty sardine can. We have it often as pre-evening meal treat and Mishka is sometimes included.:)
    [​IMG]

argon_0, Nov 5, 2012
  10. Jessi

pigeon_small Active Member

I'm quite sure there are many dogs on this planet with a better diet and meal plan than me.

pigeon_small, Nov 5, 2012
Ask a Question