Silly accusations

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 7, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever made a silly accusation towards your dog? Once, my mum was trying to clean one of our dog's paws. Our dog got fed up and jumped at her to try to bite her. She missed and headbutted my mum in the face. My mum later claimed that the dog did it deliberately to try to break her teeth. Does anyone else have ridiculous stories like that?

GavinMcresty, May 7, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Homer marked a random car tire. The car was parked near our favorite park. The owner of the vehicle ran to us, yelling - he was so unkind! I completely understand that he prefers his car to be clean but he claimed that Homer is malicious and did it on purpose...it's not true, male dogs mark their territory and it's normal:(

claudine, May 7, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

MzMonka Well-Known Member

People tend to attribute human motives and emotions to things that dogs do. Marking territory is perfectly normal and I have female that will do it, which is mildly entertaining because she will lift their leg when the mood strikes her.

GavinMcresty - There is a slight issue though with your situation. Your mum would of been much more upset had she gotten bitten but your dog was doing what it felt it wanted to do because it was frustrated with the situation. Granted it was not the intention to knock her teeth out the intention was to make her stop doing what she was doing.

MzMonka, May 7, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

amundy8 Active Member

Yes, I do! My dad told us that one of our dogs that we had for a short time, was sweet until we had visitors. Her name was Sage. When the visitors drove off, Sage slowly followed them up the road. When he called her name, she turned around to look back at him, then turned back around and kept going. The crazy part is that she never returned!

My dad said that she had turned her tail up at him as she turned away, as if she was being stuck up (with this "humph!" expression). The visitors that she followed were another race, so he said she was being prejudiced. Guess we had a racist dog! :D

amundy8, May 14, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

TheBrit Active Member

Unfortunately any dog that snaps is the one that gets bad press. In the UK there have been many cases of dogs nipping, or worse biting children or adults. Some with very sad results.
    Although there are some snappy breeds that are difficult to break of the habit, many do it because they've been hurt, tail stepped on, ears pulled or just plain suddenly frightened. It's a natural action of self defense. The animal shouldn't be put in this situation in the first place. The worst offence being tying the dog to a hitching rail when young children are about, while the owner disappears into the store.

TheBrit, May 30, 2013
    MzMonka likes this.
  6. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

We thought before that our dog steal some food in the table since the cover of it is quite heavy for the cat. Later, our cat was caught in the act stealing some food! :p

zararina, Jun 1, 2013
Ask a Question