Shot trying to save his master

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by King Browny, Aug 14, 2012.

1. King Browny

King Browny Well-Known Member

King Browny, Aug 14, 2012
  2. King Browny

haopee Well-Known Member

Why are officers more trigger happy when it's a pittie they are up against? I am disgusted at how some people can immediately assume that pitties are deadly and dangerous simply because they have bigger heads and stronger biting capacities.

This isn't the first time I've heard of an officer shooting a dog simply because it's a pittie. One time, I read about a collie mix who an officer killed because he thought it was a pit bull. Seriously, they're making it an excuse nowadays.

Well, at least, the pittie survived. He must be one lucky dog to have been shot in the head and still get through it.

haopee, Aug 14, 2012
  3. King Browny

Dani72 Active Member

I'm afraid I can't see what else the officer could have done. The dog was clearly charging straight for him in a very aggressive manner. I certainly wouldn't have stood there waiting to be mauled.

Dani72, Aug 16, 2012
  4. King Browny

LilAnn Well-Known Member

They want to pass a law in Arkansas (I believe), that gives cops permission to walk into and kill your pit bull... unprovoked. How does that make any sense?

LilAnn, Jun 14, 2015
  5. King Browny

Trellum Well-Known Member

Not only with pits but any dog that barks at them ends up getting shot! I have read so many stories like this, and no, most of the times pits are not even involved. Its just most of those policemen think they can shoot an innocent animal.

Probably because it is just a dog to them and they are policemen... They get away with it all the time.

Trellum, Jun 15, 2015
  6. King Browny

Skyspiritflfl Member

A nice story in the midst of chaos - I'm so sad to hear of all the dogs being shot by police and others due to unwanted fear - I do have to smile though when I think the AZ cop who stopped me last year b/c of plate issues when at the end of the visit, he was actually nice and even called to confirm insurance rather than giving me a ticket - After returning, he noticed my sweetie - Pepper - in the back and said, oh wow, you have a dog - I never knew, she's so quiet -

This is true, she is almost too quiet at times, even when other dogs bark, she doesn't seem to understand, she whimpers, she talks and she cries, I'm thinking I might be Blessed that she doesn't actually bark - Has anyone else had this or a similar experience where non-barkage has most likely helped rather than hindered a situation?

Skyspiritflfl, Jun 15, 2015
  7. King Browny

claudine Well-Known Member

This is outrageous!:eek: I can't believe it. How can people be so cruel? If a cop wanted to hurt my dog, I'd much rather risk going to jail than let that happen.

claudine, Jun 17, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  8. King Browny

LilAnn Well-Known Member

no one is coming in my house and taking my dogs or killing them anymore than they will me or my husband. And probably not my mother in law, either. I'd have to discuss this with my husband... but probably.

LilAnn, Jul 4, 2015
  9. King Browny

Lol, I hear ya on that one (funny the part about the MIL - I feel the same way about mine, lol). But yes, I can't believe most cops feel they have all the right to kill our dogs. Our dogs are living beings that deserve as much respect as humans, their lives are worth as much as ours... those cops are so arrogant to think it's ok to kill them because them they are dogs.

Trellum, Jul 20, 2015
  10. King Browny

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Pitt Bull got the worst reputation of all due to how they were raised by humans. I have a Pitt Bull mix and people are afraid of him. However, he is a very smart and sweetest dog ever.

This is a sad story, but if I was in the same situation and had a gun I would shoot too, no matter what type of dog it was. Your self defense system kicked in and you must protect yourself.

I am glad the dog survived though!

IcyBC, Jul 21, 2015
  11. King Browny

@IcyBC It's sad, but yeah, pit bulls have the worst rep! I think we are better informed than most people out there, because we know all dogs are capable of biting. Even golden retrievers and chihuahuas. I get afraid of any dog regardless the breed if I see it is aggressive and the gate is not closed. It's silly those people fear Capone even if he doesn't show them any sign of aggression.

Trellum, Jul 22, 2015
  12. King Browny

IcyBC Well-Known Member

He is a year old now, so his bark is louder than anything! He has never showed any teeth or growling, but just warned them when they are too close to his personal space. It is the dog's instinct to look out for his area and his pack :)

IcyBC, Jul 23, 2015
  13. King Browny

Capone sounds like a very sweet dog! My Homer is much more aggressive. He barks and growls at anyone who dares to walk near our home. He's a tiny Yorkie, so people just laugh at him. I'm sure it gets on his nerves;)

claudine, Jul 23, 2015
  14. King Browny

Ah, those dumb people, when it's a chihuahua barking at them they laugh, but if it's a pill the call it aggression :p We live in a society full of hypocrisy, lol. I only get scared when I am walking by a gated place, and I have no idea there is a dog, but I suddenly hear it behind me D:

Trellum, Jul 24, 2015
  15. King Browny

I get scared when this happens too;)
    Homer really wants to be taken seriously, but most people see him as a toy. So far, he hasn't managed to scare anyone, lol;) Even cats ignore him.

claudine, Jul 24, 2015
Ask a Question