Share a Puppy Photo

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Do you have a photo of your dog as a puppy? Share it with us!

This was Misha on the first day that I got her. She was 8 weeks old and weighed 2 lbs. I had seen guinea pigs that were larger. LOL It was kind of scary at first because she was so small that she could get under furniture and in spaces where no one else could fit.

Misha Day One In Her New Home:
    [​IMG]

Melody, Jun 17, 2012
    Becky, pugskjj and argon_0 like this.
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Misha is so cute! ;)

Below is the photo of Lucky (previous dog/puppy). And the second photo is his photo with his mother: breastfeeding while mother dog is playing. :p

Lucky+tired.jpg

playing while breastfeeding.jpg

zararina, Jun 19, 2012
    pugskjj and argon_0 like this.
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Thanks Zararina! When I got her she was so small. I could hold her in my two hands very easily. It was as if the whole world was too big for her.

Lucky is very cute, too. What type of dog is Lucky?

Melody, Jun 19, 2012
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Thanks. His mother is a mixed breed of doberman and Aspin or local dog. His father is a mixed breed too. That makes him a mixed breed although not sure of the combination anymore. :p

zararina, Jun 19, 2012
  5. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's Peanuts when she had long floppy Dumbo ears. Now that she's all grown, her appearance has changed as well. She no longer makes cute sounds when she yawns. They grow so fast.

haopee, Jun 20, 2012
    pugskjj and argon_0 like this.
  6. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Your puppy photos are lovely. I wish I could find one of Mishka. All her photos weren't digital so is a bit difficult. Maybe I should dig something out and digitize it. :(

argon_0, Jun 20, 2012
    haopee likes this.
  7. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Zararina, I can see a little of the Doberman in the face. I looked up Aspin as I'm not familiar with the breed. They look sleek somewhat like a Doberman, right? (Making sure I saw the right thing...LOL)

Haopee, I think I've found a dog with bigger ears than Misha's! :D What breed is Peanuts?

I want you all to see that Misha's ears were very flat when I got her. They stayed like that until she was about 4 months old. Then, they kept popping up and down. It was funny when one ear finally decided to stay up but the other was flat. I think she was about 7 months old when they decided to stand straight up permanently.

I remember after than my youngest niece who was about 5 came to see me. They have Dobermans and went through all that taping to get the ears to point straight up. My niece said "Wow! You got her ears right!" LOL No, her ears are not supposed to be like that. I guess she thought all dogs should have pointy ears. :)

Melody, Jun 21, 2012
  8. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Awww. I wish I had a picture of ours as a puppy. We didn't even meet him until he was almost 10 years old, though, so I definitely don't have one. Then again, he still acts like a puppy, so maybe I should just take a picture now and shrink it, hehe.

Jessi, Jul 11, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  9. Melody

pugskjj Well-Known Member

First one is Kotton the day I got her, put this one up so her size shows, she weighed 1 pound and was 8 weeks. The second is perhaps the cutest picture I have ever gotten of her
    [​IMG][​IMG]

pugskjj, Jul 13, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  10. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

Funny you should ask. She's half a JRT or to be exact, half a Parson Russel Terrier. The person who gave it to us claimed that she is half Min-Pin but I truly doubt this as she's too tall to be both PRT and Min-Pin... (or maybe it's because the Vitamins I gave her while she was young).

To tell you frankly, she looks more like Greyhound and Terrier now than a Min Pin and Terrier Mix.

[​IMG]
    Source

This is how she looks now. She still smart and adorable. Her tail is curly and she has a beardie. Unfortunately, she can shed really bad.

What's Kotton? Is she a Chihuahua? She has the biggest black marble eyes. LOL. These were the days that they were still innocent. I bet Cotton is a ball of furry mischief, now.

haopee, Jul 16, 2012
  11. Melody

Kotton is a chihuahua and her eyes are actually Ruby! They are the most beautiful color I have ever seen in a dog. She is my "old" dog (she was an only for 3 years and didn't do "puppy" things) but is finally learning how to be a puppy and is hilarious and my little trouble maker.

This picture is a good shot of her eyes and actual size (with a newborn baby)
    [​IMG]

pugskjj, Jul 16, 2012
  12. Melody

Shepherd Well-Known Member

We brought Flomar home just a few months after I got my camera, so I have tons of puppy photos of him! My avatar/profile photo is actually of Flomar when he was mid-sized.

Our Beagle mix was full grown when we got him, and our Australian Shepherd was bought during the age of film photography. I really need to upload some younger photos of him sometime.

[​IMG]

I might show you all a few more cute pictures of Flomar later. I just hate feeling as if I am "flooding" the forum threads.

Shepherd, Jul 18, 2012
    Becky and pugskjj like this.
  13. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Haopee, I can see a little of the Terrier in the face. She almost has Misha's ears. The beard and then the ears are very different. There are the bearded Jack Russells.

By the way, my brother has two different Mini Pinschers. They come from different stock. One looks kind of like Misha in size and the shape of her head. The other has a longer body and almost looks like he was mixed with dachshund.

I found a photo of my brother's female Mini Pinscher when she was two months old. She was smaller than Misha at the same age and had these spindly legs. I was afraid to pick her up. She seemed so fragile. I think she and Kotton could compete for smallest pups. LOL

[​IMG]

Shepherd, this was my Lab as a pup. This was my previous dog, Sierra, at about 12 weeks old. Misha isn't even this size now at 3 years old. LOL

Sierra was a Lab/Golden Retriever mix. When she grew up she was all Lab except for some longer, thicker fur on her shoulders. She is the one that ended up to be 80 lbs. She was larger than a normal female Lab because of the Golden that was in her.
    [​IMG]

Melody, Jul 20, 2012
  14. Melody

LOL Your puppy photos are awesome!! I just want to scoop up that li'l MinPin and put her in my pocket...the other one that Kotton isn't in. How big did she end up being? I love putting Kotton next to household items to measure her...last I checked, standing on all four her head is almost even with a 20oz soda bottle :rolleyes:

pugskjj, Jul 20, 2012
  15. Melody

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Awesome photo of Sierra! She looks really healthy. We have long considered getting a female golden lab, but we have never actually done it. Maybe one day though!

Shepherd, Jul 24, 2012
Ask a Question