Salmonella Found in Dog Food

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, May 7, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Did anyone happen to see this? Salmonella was found in Diamond Pet Foods dog food. No pets have been harmed thus far.

I have to wonder what is going on at the processing plant. This same company has had four recalls since December.

In the most recent incident, 14 people have been made sick from handling the dog food and not washing their hands afterwards. The salmonella can spread from your hands to food if you don't wash them first.

Until these outbreaks in recent years, it would never have dawned on me to wash my hands after feeding my dog. Now I do it all the time. You can't be too careful.

Here's the story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501367_162-57428464/salmonella-in-dog-food-sickens-14-people-in-u.s./

Melody, May 7, 2012
  2. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

First time to learn about that here but not first time to read news about salmonella being present on foods (human foods).
    I think some factors that might caused it are raw materials, processing and handling or transferring.

zararina, May 7, 2012
  3. Melody

kinser Well-Known Member

I had never thought of washing my hands either. Ugh, something else to worry about.

What really made me mad was the whole Chinese-manufacturing fiasco, because those foods were intentionally contaminated with a cheaper form of protein that turned out to cause kidney failure. Ridiculous.

kinser, May 9, 2012
Ask a Question