Sad Animal Protection Commericals

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Gin L, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Gin L

Gin L Member

Do you ever watch the sad animal protection commercials where they show the sad dogs and cats? Do you ever watch it and go, "I would rather adopt one of those poor animals than send money to the shelter." Because, yeah I would love to support my local Humane Society and Animal Protective Services, but it would be even better if they showed animals who were rescued by the APS in your local community that were up for adoption. I think that would draw more donations and funding to their cause. Don't you think?

Gin L, Jul 10, 2015
  2. Gin L

IcyBC Well-Known Member

To be honest, those commercials pull my heart strings, but then I get used to it and became numb with those sad looking animals. Not that I don't feel bad to see those abused dogs and cats, just that the commercials lost its effectiveness. Adoption campaigns should be the way to go at every pet store in the city. To get these animals the love and care with families, they should also make the adoption process easier, and less costly for those who wanted to adopt.

IcyBC, Jul 13, 2015
  3. Gin L

claudine Well-Known Member

I live in Europe, they don't air those commercials here, but I know what you're talking about and I completely agree. It would be wonderful if all dogs could find loving families.
    If I was allowed to keep pets in my apartment, I'd definitely adopt a rescued dog.

claudine, Jul 13, 2015
  4. Gin L

Trellum Well-Known Member

Where I live they don't really air those commercials, and it's odd, because unlike Europe we do have a huge issues with homeless dogs and cats. I think they should air those commercials here, to make people think more about all the awful things those poor dogs go tru :( People where I live treat dogs and cats so bad, it's like they don't understand they are living beings as well, some people here even abuse animals.

Some years ago I encountered a blathered golden retriever walking near my home, I could tell he had been victim of torture. He was missing one eye and had several other wounds. My mom gave him some food and water out of pity, so he started following us... it was hard to see. While following us some vicious dogs attacked him... animal control came to pick him up... because he was left in such a bad state. This is so far the most heartbreaking experience I have been witness of here.

Trellum, Jul 18, 2015
Ask a Question