RIP old man

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LilAnn, Jun 20, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bowser just passed away a little bit ago. It isn't the first dog Ive seen go like this either. He is 8 years old. He had parvo as a pup, before we got him. So we expected a shorter life span. I guess we just didnt expect it so soon. He was actually our first pit. The people who picked him up from the humane society were moving to Texas. They gave him to a drunk ass who was abusive. So the ass's wife gave him to us. He couldnt stand being left alone. if we left him in the house, he'd bust out a window to get out. if we left him outside he would bust out a window to get inside. My neighbor called us twice because he had gotten stuck in the window trying to get through. We lived in the city so we didnt have a tree or anything else to tie him to, so my husband tied his chain to 5 tires and 3 rims. One time we get home to see him pulling the tires and rims down the sidewalk behind him. He is pretty much the best dog I've ever owned. He got really sick, really fast . He couldn't move. He wouldn't eat. My husband put him next to my bed (his personal spot) on his blanket with a bowl of water. It wasn't even an hour later he started bleeding from the mouth. He could barely move, one step every 5 seconds, at best. He was going to the doggy door. He didnt make it out of the kitchen before he made a mess. But even then he made himself walk outside. I got him to come back in because of the rain. He always hated rain and snow. He got 2 steps in the kitchen before he collapsed. My husband took him outside and buried him.

LilAnn, Jun 20, 2015
  2. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

When I was trying to comfort him, he would wag his tail every time I called him a good boy.

LilAnn, Jun 20, 2015
  3. LilAnn

Trellum Well-Known Member

I am so sorry your sweet boy died, my eyes got teary reading this... I am so sorry for your loss. Why was he bleeding from his mouth? Gosh, poor boy. I hope he didn't have to suffer for too long. I saw the same thing happen to one of our dogs when I was a little girl, it was a female blue hiller, one of our first dogs ever... I never knew what it was, my parents took her away from me. Just to think of that makes me feel so sad...

Be glad you gave your boy a sweet home :) I'm so glad you could be with him until the end, every dog should have that chance.

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  4. LilAnn

claudine Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, LilAnn! Losing a dog is one of the worst things that can happen. I've never experienced it, but I can imagine what it must feel like. I'm sure it's heartbreaking.
    Bowser had a very happy life and a loving family, this is the most important.

claudine, Jun 21, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  5. LilAnn

Winterybella Well-Known Member

My sympathy to you. He was quite a 'fella' it seems. Strong and courageous. I am happy he got to be with you guys and even happier he got to be buried "home".

Winterybella, Jun 21, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  6. LilAnn

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I honestly don't know what happened. He laid down and didnt move the night before. I didnt realize something was wrong until a little while later. We tried to pamper him, and you could tell it mattered to him when we told him good boy. Once he started bleeding from the mouth, it wasn't 15 minutes before it was over.

LilAnn, Jun 22, 2015
  7. LilAnn

IcyBC Well-Known Member

This is one of my fears and that is watching a beloved pet dies! Your story touches my heart because of your love for him. At least you were all there to be with him at the end and he felt the love. So sad and I am sorry for your loss!

IcyBC, Feb 16, 2016
Ask a Question