Ready For Christmas Presents?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by IcyBC, Oct 9, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have been starting to collect presents for Capone and other dogs that will visit my house this Christmas. I will have together five dogs! I don't spend tons of money on toys or treats since dogs don't have expectation, complaints, or prejudice in what they get.

I just want Capone and other dogs have a present or two to open like the rest of us. Do you buy presents and wrap them up for your furry beloved pet/pets?

IcyBC, Oct 9, 2015
  2. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

We did last year :) We bough presents for my sister in law's dog, and we wrapped it up :p Because we think it's only fair the dog also gets something nice, not like they care, but it feels nice for the owner too to do such a thing.

Trellum, Oct 15, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone was so excited to tear up the wrapping, and I believed he has more fun with the paper than his actual toy :)

IcyBC, Oct 15, 2015
  4. IcyBC

claudine Well-Known Member

I buy presents, but I don't wrap them up, because I don't want Homer to eat the wrapping, lol:p I think I'll give him a new toy and some treats. He loves food more than anything in this world;)

claudine, Oct 16, 2015
  5. IcyBC

Hahahah! Awwww, do you always let him to unwrap his own presents? Last year when we wrapped that gift up for that doggie, it was the owners who opened the gift (so boring, i know). I should do the same with my girl :)

Trellum, Oct 16, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My son started to show him how to rip up the wrapping, and since it had jingle bell inside the toy, Capone was happily going at it. I can tell you though, none of the what-so-called TOUGH toys didn't last too long.

IcyBC, Oct 16, 2015
  7. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have already picked up a couple of toys and treats for Capone! I confessed that I buy more things for Capone than for myself :) Of course, he loves squeaky toy but my kids can't take it. They also love to wrap up the presents for him to tear up. It will be fun to see how he will do this year since he is older.

IcyBC, Nov 17, 2015
  8. IcyBC

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and he'll be very happy:)
    I buy a lot of things for Homer too, but I don't spend too much money on his toys, because he prefers playing with his pine cones anyway;) New toys bore him quickly.

claudine, Nov 25, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  9. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I remember my son showed him a bit, and Capone loves ripping and tearing, so it didn't take much time for him to go to town, LOL. He is a smart dog and you don't have to tell him twice when it comes to eating or ripping anything. You remember my blankets problem? It is an ongoing battle!!!

IcyBC, Dec 10, 2015
  10. IcyBC

Hi! Been gone for a while! I hope things are better with Capone and his tendency to tear everything apart (it feels like I've been gone forever). Is he still ripping his pillows apart?

Trellum, Dec 10, 2015
  11. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

It is good to see you're back, @Trellum! Have you moved? I have just moved to a smaller place, and Capone was confused for the first few days but he is settling down. If he has a chance, he will shred stuffed animals, blanket and pillow apart, but we have been so busy and he wasn't sure what is happened, so he has stopped this tearing things for now. I hope he stays this way because I am broke after the move, lol..

IcyBC, Dec 18, 2015
  12. IcyBC

@IcyBC Oh no! Sorry to hear you are not doing so well financially! Did you have to move because of that horrible man you told us about? I don't know why, but I guessing you did it for that reason. As fro me, well, I was very busy studying for my exams. I already took them 2 weeks ago, no idea if I passed them all though! I might know next week though.

Trellum, Dec 18, 2015
  13. IcyBC

Djordje87 Active Member

First thing to say. I love the name of your dog :). We have Joe in our house and he is a family dog who is a golden retriever and appreciates toys like balls, rubber bones, etc.. Although he is six years old he really has some playing energy in him. We usually buy him some treats and a playing ball or something like that. We have another dog in the yard, she is almost nine and she is bat****crazy mix of English Setter and something unknown. Her name is Dolly and I took her from some organization dealing with homeless puppies. Her energy amazes me everyday and her love is unbelievable. She appreciates bacon, real bones and liver more than toys. A bit wild but adorable still.

Djordje87, Dec 18, 2015
  14. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Not really because of that guy! It was a big house that I can't no longer afford to pay fixing since it is falling, literally on top of my head. But not living to a nightmare neighbor is such a relief.

Did you pass your exams? MERRY CHRISTMAS!

IcyBC, Dec 24, 2015
  15. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Thank you! He is a mixed of boxer and pit bull. We have him since he was 7 weeks old. Somehow, his personality matches with us so well that it is amazing. If we are in a playful mood, then he is too and if we are just laying around, he is also right next to us. He loves my sons so much, and I am just one that he runs to when he is in trouble :)

IcyBC, Dec 24, 2015
  16. IcyBC

Phew! I'm so glad to read it wasn't because of that awful man! My mom says everything happens for a reason, I hope you can get back on your feet soon, but at last now you'll not have to stand that crazy person :) Sorry about the house falling down, we had an incident like that back in 2013! Glad no one was taking a shower at that time... And yes, I passed =D!!!!! Now I have to fill a lot forms... loads. But today it's time to relax =D Merry Christmas to you too! New year is around the corner!!!

Trellum, Dec 24, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  17. IcyBC

Congratulations on your exams Trellum!:D

I couldn't spend Christmas with Homer, but I know he received a really tasty treat from my father and was very, very happy:)

claudine, Jan 2, 2016
  18. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Trellum I am on my feet or how else can I move around, lol. Seriously though, two years ago the ceiling in my bathroom collapsed and luckily no one was taking a shower at that time, like yours. I found a handyman and he quoted me $150 to fix it! Only he came to get the money to buy material but never came back! Lesson learned, never pay before service is rendered.

Things happen for a reason, and that is true! God is also blessed me abundantly only if I focus on that.

IcyBC, Jan 2, 2016
  19. IcyBC

Oh no, that is awful! What a jerk... were did you find him? The newspaper or the yellow pages? I'm so wary when it comes to handymen, but my in laws know a guy who has done several things for them, so we don't have to look so much. :p And you know what I meant ;) I'm still trying to get back on my feet myself, I know how hard it can be ;) But this year i got to be better, we got to believe that.

Trellum, Jan 3, 2016
  20. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I found him in the newspaper, @Trellum ! Finding someone to work on things is very hard around here, especially at a price that I can pay. Seems like all handymen only lasted for the first few months and then they all disappeared.

I have had many, but none of them still practicing this part of jobs.

IcyBC, Jan 10, 2016
Ask a Question