rainy days

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by wahmed, Mar 11, 2015.

1. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

There's nothing worse than when its raining and your dog wants to go out and play. I know its so difficult. What I do to keep Max engaged is set up 5 or 6 containers and place a treat under it. He then sniffs around and finds which one has a treat. He can eat it as his reward. I gradually increase the number if containers. Thus is geart for his sense of smell.

wahmed, Mar 11, 2015
  2. wahmed

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dogs likes to go for walk often :) We go for a walk 3 times a week, but if it's rainy she totally understands. After all she knows that rain means a wet coat, but at first she did show herself to be a bit nervous and anxious, thinking I had forgot. After awhile she got it tho.

Trellum, Mar 11, 2015
  3. wahmed

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have a special dog Zola. She hates to go out when it is wet period: even to relieve herself. Her mom is still an outside girl at heart, and sometimes might be a little reluctant to come indoors at times on a normal day. A little rain comes and everything changes quickly, they both come knocking at the door.

Winterybella, Mar 11, 2015
  4. wahmed

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer doesn't want to play when it's raining. He either goes to sleep or sits on his window sill and looks through the window. No matter what I do to cheer him up, he ignores me. The weather affects his mood.

claudine, Mar 11, 2015
  5. wahmed

wahmed Active Member

Max doesnt seem to understand. When he wants to play he has to. Nothing else will do you.

wahmed, Mar 17, 2015
  6. wahmed

claudine Well-Known Member

Does Max want to play outside when it's raining? Homer hates getting wet, so he always refuses to go to our garden when the weather is bad. Wet grass makes him angry;)

claudine, Mar 26, 2015
Ask a Question